01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Foodbox directory

Thought you were just going all in :smiley:

Tommy Banks seems to be the same. There’s now a queuing system to enter the website when the boxes are made available. Crazy.

I’ve ordered from the Ambassador General Store (linked above) for the end of the month. Very excited. And, just for @Inbar, yes, we’re getting the muntjac biryani :smiley:

3 Likes

Excellent! Can’t wait to hear what you think of it! Our Muntjac sausage rolls were scrumptious… :smiley:

1 Like

We’re in for one of those too!
Celebration for my mums birthday. Looking fwd to it.

2 Likes

It has been delivered, Riesling for scale

Unwrapped shot to follow

11 Likes

This arrived, beautifully packaged, for our Valentine’s meal tomorrow. Wines have been selected.

7 Likes

Since we’re sharing, this just arrived from Lima:

We have the tuna and the short ribs to enjoy. Pictures of what it should look like here.

Wine suggestions welcome :smiley:

5 Likes

Meat box from Aktar.
Preparing the rib eye tonight

5 Likes

OK. Feeling hungry now.

Easier wine matching than a curry! Possibly too many options!

3 Likes

Looking at the Pulperia paper and can’t help expecting a box of octopus or squid!

2 Likes

Unwrapped

7 Likes

Ooh report back please. I was considering the Lima box last week.

1 Like

Now, where do I put the other 2 pans

4 Likes

So in that one the gargoyle is for scale?

1 Like

Yes, but he is a unit. Born at 11 pounds and stayed on that line.

We had Riesling to start and Rioja with the main, worked well.

2 Likes

It was AMAZING. One of the best boxes we’ve had. There were mild fisticuffs over the cheesecake which we passed across the table to share :smiley:

4 Likes

Great to know. I’ve had some very up and down experiences with the restaurant, but when its been good its been great, so may investigate that one.

1 Like

What was the cooking required- did you have to deep fry anything?

There was a bit of cooking required. Nothing complicated, but there was a bit of coordination required to get everything ready at the same time as we boxed up half for friends.

Two things in oven (chicken & bone marrow)
Two sauces on hob (chicken & bone marrow)
String hoppers in steamer,
Dry-fry rotis
Pan for lamb curry
I chose to deep fry the mutton rolls but could have shallow-fried them.
Lots of garnishing

Took a quick snap part-way through cooking

Was all absolutely delicious, personal favourite was the bone marrow curry with the rotis

7 Likes

Picking up a meal from Winchesters Chesil Rectory restaurant today. Had one last summer and it was excellent so hoping for good things

Really wanted to try the St Johns box but the whole month of delivery’s sold out in a day

We have this biryani coming next week and can’t wait

3 Likes