01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Food Wine pairing - Eiswein

I was given a bottle of Dr Loosen Eiswein. Thought I’d crack it open at Christmas.
Anyone any suggestions of a pudding to match it?
Many thanks

https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/dr-loosen-riesling-estate-eiswein-2016-187ml

2 Likes

What a cracking present for you to receive! My choice would be a panetonne bread and butter pudding.

4 Likes

That’s a great suggestion.
Thanks Inbar.

1 Like

I realise this isn’t exactly what asked for, but have you thought about cheese with it? I find sweet wines often taste best with cheese (which contrasts with the sweetness) rather than puddings (which complement it).

My preferred choice with an eiswein would be an aged goats cheese from a cheesemonger, something like Selles sur Cher which my local cheese shop sells. (But I’m sure there are plenty of others that would work as well…)

1 Like

Thanks Matt.
There will be cheese and I do like my sauterne with cheese - normally a blue one.
I’m afraid the Mrs cant abide goat’s cheese so that’ll be a no no.
The pudding is more for the M-i-L who’s quite traditional.
She’ll be in shock there’s no Christmas pudding (I cant stand the stuff) so only giving her goats cheese may be a step too far!

3 Likes

Whatever next??? You cannot be serious :grinning:

On its own! :slight_smile:
Its so intensly sweet (often no botritis (its not tba) , so be careful matching with creme brulee). Its low in alcohol so a light simple Pannetone wd be marvellous - at around 3pm? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Excellent suggestion. With creme fraiche (full fat of course) plus rum butter. Followed by a nap.

4 Likes