The Beeb has just revamped its radio version of iPlayer into a sort of podcast listening resource. Same thing really but different presentation.
But whilst investigating, I came across a series of five short programmes on wine which I must have missed. Entitled “Five Green Bottles”, they are five short but highly engaged views from well-known wine writers on various topics such as -
- Barry Smith on “The Terroirs of Burgundy”
- Tim Atkin on “The Choicest Wine”
- Rebecca Gibb on “The Rise of the Supertuscan”
- Hugh Johnson on “Ancient Steinwein”
- Jancis Robinson on “The Parker Effect”
each of which (I think - I haven’t listened to all yet) base their talk around a single wine to illustrate their thoughts.
They are all just under 15 minutes and well worth listening - you can find them here -
Five Green Bottles series
Has anyone else heard them? I thought they might be the sort of thing fellow members might be interested in.