01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Fine wine champions

Nothing announced, but it’s all online.

8 Likes

Ooooh I’m tempted by the Chardonnay and PN case :wink:.

3 Likes

Well that’s bumped the size of my wish list up significantly! :frowning: :joy:

3 Likes

Noooooo!!!I can’t take any more of this :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Is it wrong that I’ve bought something already?

5 Likes

Nor as bad as I thought as I’m OK for many of the styles listed but the Rausch spatlese is a must try !

1 Like

And if you wanted the Kumeu estate Chardonnay 2019 that Jancis liked so much that’s up too. But not in until late Oct.

Two new English sparklers there also.

This, plus Raspail-Ay, plus Germany EP, plus Brunello EP…

3 Likes
  • Christmas fine wine list next week = financial ruin (not for TWS, obviously)
5 Likes

What did she say about it?

Pure, great grip, already accessible, intensity of fruit, has both weight and a crystalline quality. 16.5+ VGV.

2 Likes

PDF for the offer is here for anyone who is interested

4 Likes

I was wondering what @peterm’s view of the Kaapzicht Estate Pinotage, Stellenbosch 2017 is.

I’ve had the Newton Johnson chardonnay before and will be buying more of it.

3 Likes

I was thinking of buying a few bottles - good to hear that! Is it “new world” in style? I’ve had the Crystallum Chardonnay which is reminiscent of a St Veran, in my opinion.

Seems a shorter than usual drinking date - 2021. Was going to put some in reserves but puts me off putting in too many. Just the WS being cautious?

Drinking dates on the whole is one of those aspects that alludes me completely.

You have this 2016 SB with a drinking date to 2026 and then this 2019 SB with a drinking date to 2022.

No. Quite restrained and if it isn’t a cliche “burgundian”

1 Like

I would think a 2012 Prum spatlese would only be getting going at that stage. Just a baby right now

For what it’s worth the winery fact-sheet gives 10 years: http://www.newtonjohnson.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/2017-NJ-FamilyV-CH.pdf

I mostly ignore the drinking dates (at least for wines I know well). I’d be astonished if the NJ 2017 chardonnay goes substantially downhill before 2025.

3 Likes