01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Favourite artist and track

Ewan, this is amazing! I’ll put this on in the background while I work. :smiley: A lovely diverse mix of genres! :smiley:

1 Like

I am new to spotify (I know)… I may need a little help finding out how I actually find this in the desktop App

found it

then lost it again… HELP

Ah, @Ewan - is it a public playlist? I just tried to search for it and can’t find it - so if you make it ‘public’ anyone who searches ‘Society’s Community Playlist’ should be able to get it?

Led Zep, Ramble On. My “going out in my box” song.

2 Likes

I got a little bit excited when I saw your Playlist especially Led Zep, Joni, Steely Dan but the one that really got me piqued was which track by the MAN.
I have never heard of “The Man,” but there was a group called “Man” from near Neath (close to Swansea" and I think that their most famous track was “Sp*nk Box!!” It is a cracker but probably lost now, in the ether.
No matter, well done for taking the time to entertain us all!

The ether that is youtube…

4 Likes

You really made my day, thank you so much!
I had forgotten the LP title “2 Ounces of Plastic with a Hole in the Middle.”
I saw them locally live a number of times, proper Welsh Rock!!

2 Likes

You and me, both! :smiley:

I listen to a mix of classical and pop traks on You Tube. This is one of my favourites

I also listen Tina Arina a lot.

1 Like

It is - maybe they take a while to come through?

Fancy something understated, slightly pastoral and gentle, with beautiful harmonies? This should do.

4 Likes

Thanks for reminding me of that, it’s an excellent album (though very different from much else of Midlake’s musical output).

1 Like

Switched to the CD in the car for the first time in months and this randomly came on (brief outing to the tip, not the seaside!). It’s 9mins+ so I had to go round the block again to let it play out. I’d taken our 3 year old daughter with me to give mum a brief break. Not sure she was so impressed, but got to start the musical education at some point!

4 Likes

Listening to Aqualung by Jethro Tull in the background while working. Brilliant. Thanks @Ewan for reacquainting me with Spotify…

‘Thick as a brick’ next…

4 Likes

Ace. Don’t forget A Passion Play too - hell of a trip…literally.

Sergiu Celibidache conducting the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra in Bruckner’s 8th Symphony.

3 Likes

I think it depends on what you mean by “best”. In terms of the songs i think others are better, but in terms of all-round cohesion you could be right.

Though how about side 2 of the white album?

Basically others (Revolver, Abbey Road side 1) would be contenders too, if it weren’t for the “Beatles formula” (ie Ringo’s songs :smile: )

But then maybe the charm of the Beatles resides precisely in the evident imperfection of their work?

Funny how Sgt Pepper is now so deeply unfashionable!

No Ringo songs in A Hard Days Night! Either side :slightly_smiling_face:

OK, but no one would put any of the albums before “Help!” in a “Best Beatles album” selection!

1 Like

No one else I think you’ll find…

1 Like