01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Exeter tasting group

Hi all. I’ve failed to find any kind of tasting group in Exeter, so I have set one up based on the website Meetup.com – Exeter Wine Tasters. It would be great to have some society members involved, and I fully expect the tastings will result in some members of my group joining the Society.

I hope whoever does these things will include EWT in the society directory.

The URL is www.meetup.com/exeterwt

Hi Chris,

I can always set up a tasting group here for you all to be able to message each other and arrange meet-ups/events - we just need one or two more members here to register an interest and I’ll get cracking!

Meetup seems like a great idea. I’ve been looking myself today for a local club and my daughter has had great success at meeting people in a new town. I’m interested in seeing how you get on as I may use this method to re-enthuse our local group.

I see you have 60 people interested that’s quite a lot.

Hi Russ

We’ll see. I’ve run Meetup groups before, and have found that it’s easy to sign up 60 people but the number who become active may be very small.

We have our first information meeting a week tomorrow, 5 Feb.

cheers

Hi Chris, surprised you couldn’t find a group when Exeter Wine Appreciation Society has been running since 2010. Now rebranded Unwined Exeter.
Cheers Sarah

Hi Sarah

I’m guessing you are the Sarah whose email is now given on the unwined.co.uk site, so I’m going to reply that way.

regards

Chris