01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

EPL (and Championship) Transfer deadline day [2019]

I cannot be the only one following today’s football transfer dealings with interest. Here is a gem from earlier from Jermaine Jenas to kick off…

Hardly prophetic it appears.

I don’t know anything about lo Celso, but Sessegnon should be a decent signing for £25M. Dybala would have been massive

I’ve been impressed with Sessegnon. Both he and Dybala gives them a few different options which they badly needed last season, especially when Kane was injured.

I was surprised to see Andy Carroll return to Newcastle. Didn’t see that coming.

Newcastle needed another forward after Perez went to Leicester. The Prodigal Son going home!
Luiz to Arsenal was the surprise for me. For a mere £8M too!

I thought Joelinton was the sole Perez replacement but with Newcastle you just never know!

Indeed, Luiz was a good buy. I’ll be watching on Sunday and hoping for some early season joy but our home record against the Gunners has been poor in recent seasons. :pray:

It’s nice to have a topic such as this. Most people support a team, even if they don’t admit it. I support Glasgow Hangovers.

Even though I’ve not been to Liverpool, I will support them over Everton. And Manchester City over United. But on Sheffield Wed/Utd, or Notts Forest/Utd, I’m completely neutral.

Looks like a strong start for last season!s top two. As an Arsenal fan, I think the club had a good window. Was never a Luiz fan, hope this will change now … :wink:

As an Everton fan, we’ve kicked off the season in similar style… I like football but can’t get over excited about it these days. Just wish it were a bit more relatable!!

Some interesting transfers in the off season though

I was hoping Liverpool would capitalise on the CL win and bring in one or two more. Happy with the current squad but someone to cover Mane would be ideal. Not convinced by Origi on the left but I hope I’m proven wrong in the end!
Looks like Adrian was an inspired bit of business too!