01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Dow's Crusted Port

I was putting together a tasting evening for the neighbours, largest one so far with 13 coming.
Christmas Wines.
Looking for a set of interesting wines and had to include a good port, but at a sensible price to keep within budget. Considered Taylor’s lbv but a little to obvious/accessible, then Sainsbury’s tttd vintage but not very exciting.
TWS to the rescue with this intriguing option just in time. Can’t see it being around very long.

This is on my radar as I need a port for this winter… also in the running are these more unorthodox choices.

Now that the Australians have finally agreed to accept that port is a term that can only be applied to wines made in a denominated area in Portugal, is “port look-a-like” an illegal use of the word?

Was putting together a selection of wines for an annual Christmas gathering of old University friends in a couple of weeks time. We’re heading up to the Peak District this year. Always a couple of ports included for the weekend. Spotted this crusted port as well - straight into the basket!

The Wise One Tawny has been a regular guest at said weekend gathering for past few years @szaki1974, and never disappointed. Excellent value.

This went in my Christmas order, looking forward to it.