01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Domaine Jones

Two new wines available from Katie Jones

6 Likes

Should add that if anyone uses Instagram I’d highly recommend following her, the current videos on IGTV are really good for showing how she is making wine from the current harvest.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip off. I’m a fan of all her wines but thought the previous vintage of Different Direction was especially good.

I visited Tuchan in the summer - great visit and tasting*

best part…spend over 200 euros and they ship it to the UK for free :slight_smile: arrived at my hose 24hrs after me

*will try and write-up summer escapades at some point

6 Likes

Living in France we have had the pleasure of a couple of visits to her chais over recent years. Always a delight even when , as last time, she was not there. Her husband Jean-Marc took us through the wines along with his own and must say we preferred his Fitou to his esteemed wife’s. The new Orange Wine( Huelva influence?) sounds interesting as we tried the Spanish version one Christmas a few years ago at the Festive Meeting of the local wine club I am secretary to. It was much admired at the end of an extremely full lunch! Anyone else succumbed to it’s charms?

8 Likes

Thanks for letting us know @Winestwit! Never had a Dme Jones wine I didn’t love, and after a couple of visits there and the wonderful hospitality of Katie and Jean-Marc it’ll always be a favourite of mine.

@MrLaura, I’ve added the ‘Different Direction’ to the wish list for our next order, just FYI!

5 Likes

Katie was on holiday when we visited…we were looked after by the wonderful Gilles

2 Likes