01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Does TWS need Influencers?

I think it’s @Freddy 's palate and detective work rather than the beard or trousers that’s important. One of his recommendations I bought a bottle of, it’s bloody wonderful. I have two sitting there for the future. I’m still smarting to miss the Grabenwerkstatt…

3 Likes

FAKE NEWS!

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Stop influencing me to buy beard oil :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I grew my beard. I currently look like this.

gandalf
My partner is asking me very nicely to clip it. I will check first for nesting birds. I don’t look hipster at all.

3 Likes

Were you influenced by Gandalf?

2 Likes

Mr. Leah also has strong beard action going on, and because all barbers were closed prior to him going offshore, I’m pretty confident he will come back in January also semi-resembling Gandolph :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My other half ‘can’t grow a beard’ apparently ‘because he’s ginger’. Whatever his excuse - I ain’t complaining! :grinning:

Never stopped me before :bearded_person:

5 Likes

To be honest, I always thought it was a bit of an excuse… he hates beards. Although he has been sporting a nice goatee for many years now, I let him get away with this feeble story - I’m not all that keen on beards either :smile:

2 Likes

I would love to be able to grow a full beard… My son has no trouble… Must be the wife’s genes

3 Likes

A review from someone who paid for the Bellini box…

3 Likes

Have to say for me, if it’s not peach puree, it’s not a real Bellini. The accompanying nectars do look high quality though.

There is an interesting contrast between all the press and that one review. I saw Fiona Beckett gave it a mention in her Guardian column as well (she particularly liked the rhubarb nectar).

Normally when opinions are weighted 10:1, I know on which side I would estimate the truth, but… Do print journalists count as influencers? Do they rely on free samples to earn their living? It can’t be to the same extent as social media influencers, but there is probably something symbiotic going on that should be taken into account.

3 Likes

Possibly it is not that the press are influenced to the extent of saying something bad is good, but with art exhibition reviews I often have the impression that reviewers don’t take proper account of the cost, in time or money. A small exhibition may be good, but if it is high cost or at a relatively inaccessible venue, it may not be something to recommend. An idea like the Bellini pack may seem amusing as a gift, but…

4 Likes

Interesting review . I was quite tempted to purchase after seeing Helen Mc Ginn’s review on Saturday kitchen but this has made me think . The Rhubarb sounds interesting but like at @Brocklehurst has said, is it a Bellini without decent peach ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

A tin of peaches and a blender would be less gifty though.

Without wanting to derail (ha!), what are everyones favourite Bellini recipes?

I tend to zuzz up some tinned peaches (without the syrup), put some pulp in the bottom of a glass and top with fizz and leave unstirred.

2 Likes