01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Do you want to try Bin #012?

“We’ve also chosen to bottle this fresh, fruity rosé in brown recycled glass, as opposed to clear ‘virgin’ glass, for an added environmental benefit.”

Not only that, but it offers much better protection against lightstrike :+1:

11 Likes

I would just like to point out that I was bang on. Except got the region wrong, and the buyer, and the grape variety. Otherwise… pretty good guess.

5 Likes

I got the vintage right - 1 out of 3 must count for something?

3 Likes

Three bottles ordered. Having them delivered to my mum and dad as we go on holiday tomorrow and I don’t want to risk an extended delivery date. I told mum she could help herself to a bottle so I hope it’s not too delicious and the other two simply ‘evaporate’ before we get back.

2 Likes

‘What bottles?’

1 Like

I must say, it hasn’t been quite the same without our lovely @AnaGramWords pooh-poohing the whole thing! :grin:

5 Likes

You must have been reading the latest entries on the pedantry thread

2 Likes

Well, at least there’s another shipment due if she gets thirsty. I can’t be mad at my mum for getting a little thirsty. She’s earned it, those grey hairs didn’t grow all by themselves you know.

4 Likes

This one sounds great - a case will be heading to our home soon. We are a little short of pink, too.

1 Like

Thanks to @Kelly for being the chief bin-fluencer and getting us all hyped up about esoteric wines

3 Likes

@Rio_Jano Thank you for all your contributions - looking forward to hearing any tasting notes of Bin #012 now!

1 Like

Now I am back in the UK, I might pop an order in to include this one.

An interesting comparison might be with the society’s Pinot Meunier, which is another wine that hovers on the border of red and rosé. Stylistically I mean - I’m not expecting the grapes to taste too similar, though I have never tried this one before.

https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/the-blind-spot-pinot-meunier-2021

1 Like

It’s arrived and chilling for later.

7 Likes

Ditto!

4 Likes

Interesting to read up about the variety in JRWG. She says the correct name is Mandón, and is a natural cross between Graciano and Hebén; the latter is virtually extinct

IMO this is a good candidate for the Bin Series - a scare varietal vinified in an unorthodox way. My wine fridge is too full to buy any at the moment though. Will be interested in members’ TNs in due course.

4 Likes

Anybody else tried yet? I bought two bottles and opened the first earlier this evening - I think it’s corked, but wondering if it’s suffering from some other kind of flaw. Initially seemed a little fizzy and tart with little discernible fruit. Now a couple of hours later I’ve poured another glass and the fizz is 95% gone but the nose is pretty dead even as it starts to warm up and the palate quite astringent. Surely not how it’s supposed to be. The fizz wouldn’t be associated with TCA but the rest of the issues seem typical for being corked.

That sounds very unlike my experience, so I’d suspect a duff bottle

That’s good to know - glad I got two bottles!

@DavidCB Do make sure you let Member Services know, as they will credit you for the price of the bottle!

3 Likes

Opened bottle 1 of 3 today, and I have to say it’s a very nice wine indeed ! on a sunny day like today, it is very tempting to have a larger glass followed by an afternoon snooze in the garden.

Pale orangey pink (no fizz or faults), classic restrained rosé nose, on the palate surprisingly full bodied & rounded, dry with a peachy / pink grapefruit acidity. Excellent buying by TWS & exactly what the bin series is all about.

Will it convert me to buying more rosé wine? - probably not, however I’m very pleased to have a few of these on the wine rack & will likely buy again if available next year. Clearly a summer wine yet I can also see it going well with cold meats & refreshing a jaded post-xmas palate.

11 Likes