01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Denbies wine and winery tour

Thinking about doing this tomorrow with my fiancee. Both the train tours of the vineyard and winery look really great. The plan is to do both, then book a table in the gallery restaurant for dinner.

Any one done these?

Cheers.

Rich.

Haven’t done the tours, but have walked all around the estate, which they are happy to let you do. On a nice day it’s a lovely place to walk.

Yes - and if you have basic map reading skills you can help the numerous bewildered Duke of Edinburgh award expeditions who get lost trying to find the North Downs Way at various points in the vineyards. I’ve run through there a few times and it’s seemed every teenager in Surrey is lugging a large backpack around Denbies

All booked up for the tours of the vineyard and the winery, plus the gallery restaurant tomorrow for my official 53rd birthday celebs.

Looking forward to it.

Rich.

Hi Rich, did these tours quite a few years ago seem to remember it being a decent day out.

Happy 53rd birthday another 1966 baby like me.

Hi @Richcastle

Yes, done both. It’s a place I take foreign visitors to.

But looking at website seems there have been changes since I was last there. They used to have a ‘train’ (open cabins on a fixed track) that ran through the winery; that has now been replaced with a walking tour. I guess that the ‘train’ could no longer cope with the number of visitors.

The vineyard train is enjoyable and an easy way to get to the top of the vineyard and great views…

Good views also from the Gallery restaurant, which is an occasion restaurant rather than the crowded noisy café on the ground floor.

Have a great day.

Happy bithday . I can still remember my birthday in 1966 i was 21.