01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Decanter: Wine Society Autumn Best Buys

It’s out there now. What do you think? Have you tried any? Is there a mixed case?

4 Likes

I haven’t, but I will.

Not sure all are available yet, cant find the Samos, Solera Aged Muscat on the site.

1 Like

No, there are a few missing.

We tried this at the Greek dinner at Stevenage with Matthew. Was delicious. He told us I t will be released with the Christmas fine wine list… not long to wait :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks, any idea on price?

1 Like

Hmmm, I don’t remember and didn’t make a note of it on my review of the wines at dinner.

I do remember we all thought it was very good value at the price quoted, maybe @Rafa or @thewinelake have a better idea…

1 Like

I might be wrong but I think around £25

1 Like

I know it’s not in the decanter list but for me without a doubt the best buy of the year is this:

https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/xinomavro-naoussa-dalamara-2019-organic

If you got some consider yourself lucky, outstanding wine in any way you look at it.

3 Likes

Just bought some - £23/bottle. Won’t be for everyone, but I loved it and it’s a really good buy at that price. Now just to find some fig tart. Wonder if it would go with the new Aldi Rum Cake?

1 Like

When will you start drinking yours? Got some of that and some of the Paliokalidas (which I’m also excited by/nervous about timing on).

I had the regular Dalamara and found it excellent but obviously young.
I would say 3-5 years for both wines to start drinking well.
I would love to see the 2019 in the list again

1 Like