01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Current Wine Offers (Anywhere)

As seen in my local waitrose this afternoon.

10 Likes

Very tempting. Which branch is that?
I will try the local one tomorrow

Newmarket

1 Like

I cleared the remaining two from my M and S but these were reduced to clear. Down to about £23 each

4 Likes

If anyone is interested, currently Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury’s all have a 25% off 6+ bottles deal on.

2 Likes

Went to Waitrose today and no reductions :frowning:

Louis Labour Marsannay 2018 reduced to £16… and Bichot Hautes Cote de Beaune for £12… at my M&S.

Few white Burgundy reduced and a Sancerre, but hadn’t got the time to look them up whilst in store.

1 Like

Intending to pop in after work (storms depending!), thanks.

EDIT: Nothing in Norwich City Centre, but they’ve reduced the range even further - just the one side for both red and white in a ‘flagship’ store. Terrible selection.

Shopped at Morrisons in Bridport today on the way home from a few days away. Miraval Rose for £8 a bottle, which I thought a good price for a decent rose. I wasn’t looking for it but I saw it in my eye-line (honestly!).

9 Likes

Some very good reductions at Waitrose until 27th September.

I grabbed a couple bottles of the Jansz Premium Cuvée NV - a perennial favourite in our house - now reduced to £13.49 from £18.49. One of the bottles shall be opened with great fanfare when the inter-railing daughter is back next week :tada:

Also bought their very good Valpolicella Ripasso (bought for a Brighton and Hove tasting in a few weeks’ time) and this Querciabelle Chianti Classico, which I am really tempted to open this weekend to accompany a planned wild boar stew… we’ll see!

I’m sure there’s some other stuff worth sticking in the basket, but didn’t have too much time to explore further. I shall be back… :slightly_smiling_face: :shopping_cart:

11 Likes

Just a couple eh :thinking:

Now showing out of stock…

2 Likes

Ha ha! :smiley: There were only 4 there, to be fair… hope someone else grabbed the other two!

I think shops in the 3-dimensional world may have stock that shows as OOS online. It seems to often be the case with Waitrose. The Querciabella also shows OOS online but there were quite a few bottles in the (Neville Road, Hove) shop.

1 Like

The 2018 Querciabella is lovely. A polished jewel of a Chianti. This verdict follows some recent ‘testing’….

3 Likes

Guigal CdR for under a tenner and the Curator for 5.99 works for me for stocking up on everyday wine but noticeably the latter was OOS on Waitrose cellars but available on Waitrose.com so it’s worth cross-checking.

2 Likes

In stock this morning at Lichfield as well.

https://horizonlives3.s3.amazonaws.com/PR1600/media/files/email/attachments/Justerinis%20-%20Broking%20List%20-%202022-09-06.xlsx?_=637980488830758387&utm_campaign=1223204_Justerinis’%20September%202022%20Broking%20List&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Justerini%20%26%20Brooks%20Limited&dm_i=4S9O,Q7TW,4RXEY0,38CSG,1

Many thanks for the tip - three of these arrived this evening as part a Waitrose delivery along with a Querciabella to try.

2 Likes

Tesco and Sainsbury both have their 25% off 6+ wines at the moment, including some double discounts on already discounted wines. Highlights at Tesco include Guigal CdR at £7.50, and Wirra Wirra Church Block at the same price. You can also pick up Contino Reserva for £17.50.

11 Likes