01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Current Wine Offers (Anywhere)

Got the last one in Guildford today! Was hoping to get 3 but happy enough with this one.

1 Like

Is the Chablis offer a continuation of the ‘reduced to clear’ offer that was live in Jan (with some residual stock still about in some stores), or a new discount on the same wine?

I drew a blank in 3 M&S stores for that PC Chablis in Jan/Feb, although I did pick up some half price Baron de Ley Canon Rioja (marked as full price but scanning at a tenner, in true M&S style).

1 Like

It looks to me like it’s a continuation of the January one, until stocks finish.

I found mine in the M&S in Hollingbury, by the way, @UisceBeatha - in case you’re absolutely keen to get some (though I realise it’s a bit of a trek for you?). There were at least 4 more after the 2 I bought.

1 Like

There were 2 bottles of PC Chablis left in M&S Lisburn Rd, Belfast this afternoon. I bought one, but might go back tomorrow and get the other one, if it’s still there. The bottles were tucked away at the back of the shelf without a shelf label to indicate they were there. Big thanks to @Espen for finding this one.

1 Like

Can confirm that M&S Clapham Junction has 7 or 8 of the PC Chablis on the shelf and scanning at £8… I only took one.

2 Likes

Now sold out - glad I practised the first rule and took my allocation first!

Thanks, @Inbar :+1:

I was out near Hollingbury in January so called in during the main clearance (m&s also apparently had decent bordeaux going very cheap) but it didn’t look like they even stocked the on-offer wines. That’s obviously changed.

I might nip into the Shoreham store tomorrow, but only if I’m out that way. I’ve already got too much wine knocking around the house to justify a dedicated trip, which may be a fruitless one on any case!

1 Like

We drank one of these yesterday (along with plenty of others, ugh) and agreed you cant get a better fizz for £10 a bottle. Even at £15 it’s amazing bang for your buck. Bought another 2 today, want to age one for a year or so see how it evolves. Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

Still some Prem Cru Chablis remianing in the fridge M & S at Clapham Junction, picked up one as a present.

3 Likes

Yep. I picked up four of the Brocard Premier Cru Chablis in January. Have had two bottles already, and they seemed pretty good to me.

1 Like

Late to this but picked up 5 at M&S Food Whetstone in North London. Many thanks for the tip.

Vega Sicilia Unico 2011 EP, 3 for £711 (ex tax) anyone ?

I think I’ll order a dozen; I’m sure it’s quite nice

3 Likes

Thanks to this thread, visited Chelmsford M and S cleared their shelves of eight Chablis Grand Cru reduced to £8 from £18
Bring on the summer and barbecues and fish

2 Likes

Well done of course Colchester never has these on the first place. Apparently because it’s a garrison town (not a county town).

1 Like

Grand Cru? I know Brocard do one and that would definitely be the next level of bargain (as we’ve been slumming it with the 1ère :rofl:). Now bring back the spring please!

2 Likes

Just snagged 2x Prem Cru Chablis from M&S central Norwich marked at £18 scanned at £8. 2 left on the shelf.

2 Likes

Nothing in Brixton, Clapham Junction or East Dulwich M&S.

Although not a huge saving, port wine fans may fancy a trip to the Co-op for this…

Taylor’s Quinta de Vargellas - Co-op

Reduced in my local from £30 to £25. A lovely, smooth port with more than a hint of liquorice at the end.

1 Like

Busy afternoon eh?

3 Likes

I called in at two M&Ss (Chichester and Shoreham) I passed on the way home from meeting my brother and sister for a long country walk. Neither had the Chablis PC in stock. Shoreham did have Jamesons Black Barrel at half price (£17.50) so the usual wild goose chase wasn’t completely in vain.