01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Corked wine

Had another corked wine yesterday.
Am I just getting better at noticing them?
3rd in a few months.
This time Rioja Alta Vina Aradanza GR 2012.

Ouch that hurts. Why is it always a good ‘un?

2 Likes

@profavi did you buy this from The Wine Society? If so, please do let Member Services know, as they will happily raise a credit for the wine!

Thanks Kelly.
Have done and already been credited.

1 Like

Funnily enough, I had my first one in absolutely ages 10 days ago, and it was also a Rioja. Annoyingly it was one of three I had taken out for a birthday dinner:

The restaurant were fine and refunded the corkage, but I’ve just had to chase up with Member Services as they still haven’t responded to my initial query sent early last week. The first time I’ve experienced a service lapse like this.

1 Like

One of my favourite wines, Matt, so a real tragedy.
Did you get. that as part of the TWS mixed case a few Christmas’s ago 2x2001 2x2005 and 2x2006?
Think I’ve drunk all mine as they were hard to resist especially during lockdowns!

1 Like

If you go to the wine direct from the ‘My Wines’ section of your account then I think under reviews or report a problem, you can do it all online in under a minute.

Based on my experience of 1 bottle, you get a voucher code for the amount to use against any future purchase.

4 Likes

I presciently bought 4 bottles 7+ years ago, which I had squirreled away in a mixed case in anticipation of this very occassion, and I still have one left to look forward to.

While it was slightly dissapointing, we’d already had two bottles (between 6) which were absolutely lovely, and a perfect match with the food, so it could have been far worse. The (perfectly decent) bottle we had off the list to replace it definitely paled by comparison though!

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve never noticed that functionality before, mostly because I’ve very rarely had to invoke the guarantee!