01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Congrats to TWS's Sarah Knowles MW for winning LWF Wine Buyers Rising Stars Awards

London Wine Fair should have been this week. Because of you-know-what the awards haave been announced today by video and the winners sent their certificate and accept via video

See Wine Buyer’s Rising Stars category announced from 4:35 here

17 Likes

Congratulations, @Sarah! Fantastic news, and well deserved! :smiley: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Thank you, chuffed!

7 Likes

Aw well done @Sarah! Bubbles tonight for sure!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@Sarah

You truly are a credit to the Wine Society! :+1: :wink: :grinning:

2 Likes

Congrats @Sarah!

2 Likes

Any other interesting awards? The opening music put me off the video, and I couldn’t find a print out.

1 Like

Yes, quite a few.!
You may have to suffer the music though.

Just use the progress bar to advance the video, you’ll see the text on the screen when they show the finalists.

Alternatively

The music at the start lasts less than 20 seconds, turn the volume off till the speaking starts.

1 Like

Thank you; interesting that Cambridge wines did well. Ampthill is still delivering only within 10 miles, so out of range.

I’m really pleased for Hal. I was a student with him, and a customer of Cambridge Wine Merchants as far back as their initial incarnation as Bin Ends, buying up parcels of bankrupt stock. He’s a really genuine, nice guy.

3 Likes

Many congratulations @Sarah… hope the emergency bottle of champagne was ready in the fridge! :champagne: :champagne: :+1:

3 Likes