01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Christmas Fine Wine List 2021

It is online…

3 Likes

Does this still get sent out in hard copy as well?

Sadly many of the wines on it are not yet active yet. I assume that the “sold out” is just a current sales block.

2 Likes

Vacqueyras Variation, Domaine de Montvac 2018 - Made from 100% old vines of grenache from a specific plot, this is a full-flavoured and spicy southern
Rhône, perfect for winter stews.

Just wondering what to drink with those stews…

4 Likes

I hope so, although it seems quite a few are available to purchase too (e.g. the Lynch Bages), which does make me wonder if some have gone already.

Oh, I was thinking the post should be on the cooking wine thread🙄

I assume so too which is good as many on here have expressed concern that some wines are released early and if you have the inside track you have more luck.

The great thing about the new site is you can add these out of stock wines to the wish list and they will will suddenly appear with prices when available!

3 Likes

Crozes-Hermitage Domaine de Thalabert, , Paul Jaboulet Aîné 2014 & Orvieto Classico Superiore Luigi e Giovanna, Barberani 2018. Have caught my eye.

But to be honest there are plenty to go at. And Krug! not in my budget, but others might be happy.

Perhaps it’s there in the PDF but I missed it, this mixed case will definitely be on my Christmas list. Last year I waited for it to be remaindered post xmas - and it wasn’t.

https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/the-ulitmate-christmas-day-case

1 Like

The Allemand Reynard 2011 sold out within minutes it seems. £130 being about 50% of market.

Not that i was in the market tho!

1 Like

It makes for a lovely, seasonal read… the Wishlist has grown a fair bit!

1 Like

Just tried to buy a bottle of Monte Bello but it moved to out of stock in the few seconds between me adding it to my basket and checking out.

Shame but its swings and roundabouts. I’ve been lucky on some other rarities this year.

That makes two of us :frowning: - the entire christmas budget was about to disappear on a case

3 Likes

Don’t worry, Monte Bello is still available as part of the mixed case, several Christmas budgets! :grinning:
https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/six-wonders-of-the-wine-world-case-0fc69b37

2 Likes

Still available in a mixed case …

https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/six-wonders-of-the-wine-world-case-0fc69b37

Well outside my budget.

1 Like

Is anyone else eyeing up the full-four-and-a-half litre-bottle of Graham’s Port?

No? :smiley:

4 Likes

I tried to order the

Warwick Estate Trilogy vertical tasting case

as soon as I read @szaki1974 Akos’s post above but it was ‘OOS’.

Is it really sold out so soon?

1 Like

Many (all the ones I’m contemplating) of the South African wines are out of stock - I am hoping they will all come into stock soon.

1 Like

Most of the Warwick Trilogy wines, including the vertical case, were showing as out-of-stock yesterday, before the Christmas collection had been launched. Even allowing for low stock, surely they can’t all be that popular.

2 Likes

It’s perfect for someone with a half-tonne lump of Stilton lying in their fridge

12 Likes

And a desire to do some personal, in-depth research into Gout?

10 Likes