Hi - I’m new to the Wine Society. Although I’ve drunk a fair bit I would say that I am a wine novice.
I have just received the Christmas Party Dozen, which due to variety I thought would be good to get me started.
My question is which of these wines would go well with a traditional turkey Christmas dinner? The delicate meat of the turkey and robust flavours of the accompaniments.
The link to the wine box is https://www.thewinesociety.com/shop/ProductDetail.aspx?pd=XC1940
The list of wines is as follows:
- Victory Hotel Australian Chardonnay-Semillon 2018
- Château Tour La Vérité, Bordeaux 2016
- Lascar Classic Central Valley Chardonnay 2018
- Lascar Classic Carmenère 2018
- Picpoul de Pinet, Domaine Félines-Jourdan 2018
- Saint-Chinian, Domaine Raynier 2018
- Baccolo Appassimento Rosso Veneto 2017
- Vittoria Pinot Grigio IGT Venezie 2018
- Val de Loire Sauvignon Blanc, Famille Bougrier 2018
- Côtes-du-Rhône, Domaine Jaume 2017
- A Fistful of Schist Reserve Chenin Blanc, Swartland 2019
- Casa La Rad Solarce, Rioja 2017
Many thanks for your help/assistance. If people could also add why they would pair a certain bottle, then that would be an extra addition to my knowledge which would be fantastic.