01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Christmas booze shortage

The Wine and Spirit Trade Association has coordinated a letter to government, with signatories including TWS, about an impending supply crisis in alcohol. The focus is largely around HGV shortages and knock-on implications, but I’m also surprised not to see the B-word mentioned here, and the extra customs headaches for alcohol imports.

At last, my outrageous over-purchasing of wine during 2021 has paid off! I’ve got enough to see me through.

13 Likes

Hmm… can’t see writing to Grant Shapps (AKA: Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath and Sebastian Fox) doing any good. He failed to lift a finger when there was a petrol delivery problem. As Cabinet member responsible for ‘Northern Powerhouse’ he failed to prevent the cancellation of the HS2 Leeds extension & east/ west rail line electrification.

And Mr Johnson will be on his back on a tropical beach / OR staying with a grateful Tory donor whilst conducting vital national business.

The Army are not going to step in and will be too busy with the Ukraine/ Russia situation. Anyway, with 4 weeks until Crimbo it’s too late to magic up some HGV drivers. Just have to drink last year’s sherry.

14 Likes

Just to reduce everyone’s anxieties. AnaGram House has no wine shortage this Christmas New Year or even Easter 2022!

20 Likes

Same here!

Yeah, we’ve got enough grog in the garage to survive a siege. Actually, I could do with running down the stocks if we’re going to go ahead and convert the garage into a living space, as I don’t know where we’ll put it all while the builders are here…!

5 Likes

If you need a hand…

3 Likes

Just ask the builders - I’m sure they’ll have an idea or two

2 Likes

Please don’t be afraid to ask for help in a time of need. This is a community full of good will. Just tell us where and when and we’ll be there to help run down the stocks as much as you need to, maybe even more than that.

7 Likes

Winter, spring, summer or fall…
All I’ve gotta do is call…
And they’ll be there (yes they will)…
Till my supplies end.

7 Likes

I’m really, really worried about this shortage…

:joy:

31 Likes

How quaint, a letter.

If however they had employed the services of a Consultant, perhaps one who was also an MP ?

I think Chateau Lapin will weather the shortage.

5 Likes

giphy

1 Like

Great time to put one of those fancy circular cellars in I think?

5 Likes

I’ll start the crowdfunding campaign! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Has a ring to it ……

Likewise - actually more a rather pleasant problem of excess stock chez Franklin. :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes