01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Christmas beer

beer
christmas

I can’t find it on the website, nor in my history, but wondering if TWS will stock the wonderful Christmas white beer again this year? I think it might have been from Alsace, in a beautiful blue bottle with lovely spice flavours. Anyone remember the name? I loved it!

Could it be this one by any chance, fits the criteria?

Lots of google searching and nothing doing. I wonder if it is/was showroom-only? Maybe @Freddy can shed some light?

Do you perhaps mean ‘Blue Moon’, which is a spiced white Belgian beer…?
I might be totally barking up the wrong tree…

You are, but that’s ok - it has been sold by TWS for a few years at least, and has a very pretty, large bottle with a christmas scene on it. I did have a pic somewhere but can’t find it…

Aha, I finally found an image:

nothing on the site though as far as I can tell.

Ah yes, I remember that now!

Just checked stocks - it looks like it was - as you guessed - a Showroom-only one because stocks are too small to list it online. But the good(?) news is we do have stock in the Showroom again this year, if you’re planning a visit…? :smiley:

Mystery solved! I might have to make a special trip. Or force my dad to do one as he lives closer :smiley:

Thanks for the update!

Sounds like one to try. Cheers for the tip off. :beers:

Not sure I have any specific Christmas beers but I do like the excuse to use by favourite beer glass.

Serendipitously I got a text from my parents saying they were in the showroom on sat, so now have some beire de noel on the way :grin:

Beer for Christmas !!! I shall leave all the Belgium and German stuff to my eldest son ,who gets a case delivered every six weeks.

My stock beer from Wolverhampton ( originally, maybe still is !)
.£1.78 per litre, sold in 500 mils bottles @ Aldi and one or two other supermarkets.
Made by Marstons, it apparently doesn’t have a good name amongst “real beer maniacs” , but it’s meeting of hoppy bitterness and malty sweetness, is just what the doctor ordered. Bargain !!!

Bank’s amber bitter is I think 94p per 500ml in Morrisons - its currently my ‘go to’ beer in the fridge at the moment, nothing too complex but just a well made slightly bitter beer - I dislike all of the fruity craft IPAs around.

Ah… so you tried them all? :wink:

I have tried a fair few of them and tried various styles at a Staff training session to try and pin down the style I liked. I found that I didn’t enjoy any beer that had a fruity character and preferred the darker Porter/Stout/Bitter/English ale beers.