01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Chateau Musar 2012 anyone?

discovery

Knowing that many of you have an interest in Ch. Musar, this has just dropped into my inbox…

I got the email too and will have to get a bottle or two for the collection.

Still great bang for the buck but it’s crazy how much more expensive Musar has gotten over the past 10 years or so.

Thanks for sharing. Still compiling a few bottles of the 2011. We buy one a month to lay down. Now will have to start the 2012 collection.

Got my email this morning. Will have to pick up two or three!

I’ll be picking some up but never got an email :rofl::see_no_evil:, this is why I love the community :+1:.

I didn’t get the email initially but notice I got it later today

I’ve always thought Musar overrated. At £25, very overrated…

It certainly divides opinion, that’s for sure!

I’ve tried it once and loved it. I’m off to put one in the basket

Yeah, it’s gone up, and this seems to be a policy since Serge’s death.

But it’s a classic, and to me still good value, as it is capable of offering much more unforgettable wine experiences than more “well-behaved” wines that cost double (or more). And Burgundy and N Rhone have gone up a lot more, and Barolo too…

The 2003 is still in my Waitrose at £28. I keep waiting for it to be on offer - but fear it won’t ever be.

That 2003 has been around Waitrose for more years than I can remember. Definitely not the best vintage, but I’m sure it’ll be 25% off come October (scant consolation for a no-deal Brexit, but hey…)

No email for me despite buying several vintages of it from WS…

thanks for the tip, and I don’t agree that it’s overrated at £25 in general. There is the odd vintage that may be true of, but by that reasoning. much of Burgundy, Bordeaux and even the Rhone now is stupidly priced…

One of the charms of Musar is you just never quite know what you are getting…