01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Chateau Beaumont - which vintage

twstaste
christmas

So, I’ve conducted a stocktake of my stock of Chateau Beaumont. I’ve got 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 although a couple I’ve only a single bottle of? Has anyone got any recommendations for Christmas Day?

Thanks

I’d imagine most of those vintages are drinking currently. How do you prefer your claret is probably the question?

Might it best depend on the level of appreciation of those sharing it?

Invite some friends and do an awesome vertical tasting!

Maybe just for me and the two (grown up) kids then?

That’s a great idea for January when all the festivities are over. Don’t think I’ll be doing “Dry January” :slight_smile:

The 05 is not even nearly ready, at least IMO.

We greatly enjoyed a 1999 Ch. Kirwan yesterday with lunch. It was at its peak and, had I any more bottles, (which I don’t :frowning: ) I would be using them within the ensuing year. I would consider it likely that Beaumont 1999 is also likely to be at its peak and not for keeping.

I’d drink them in the following order:
1999, 07, 04, 06, 08, 01, 00, 05, 09
Cheers

Lovely selection and a good problem to have, working out which order to drink them in. Of more recent vintages, I have the 10 (not drunk yet), the 11, which is delicious, and the 12, which was a huge disappointment and I would suggest avoiding, unless for tasting purposes only. I was genuinely surprised at the big difference between the 11 and 12.

Thanks - I’ve had a couple of 05’s over Christmas, so I think I’ll now embark on your recommendation (unless I go for a vertical tasting with friends).