01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Ch Angludet 2012

Tonight we’re drinking Chateau Angludet 2012 with venison casserole. I sense that this wine is better than bourgeois -it feels like a Grand Cru. Can’t remember where I bought it, as I usually note the details in my cellar book. Be as may, it’s drinking perfectly, deep plum colour, lovely plummy nose, a solid mouthful and slow to leave.

14 Likes

It punches above it’s rank. 2012 quite a forward vintage, drinking well now. I drank it beside the 1989 last year…quite a contrast but both VG.

2 Likes

Fond memories of visiting Chateau D’Angludet back in the day. We arrived in sweltering conditions and were given cold soft drinks to cool us down. The late Peter Sichel’s wife also offered us the chance to skinny-dip in the swimming pool. Bloody tempting!

8 Likes

Ch. Angludet is on the TWS list. I bought mine en primeur after a Wine Society hosted Angludet dinner in Newcastle and will be leaving it in the Stevenage cellars for another couple of years yet. It definitely punches above its weight.

They are still very welcoming - couple of years ago, on a sweltering day, greeted by Daisy with iced water

Its our house red - have had vintages going back 20 years and always impressed…it certainly punches above its price point

You can read Daisy Sichel’s description in the photo…she gives them all a title relating to their “character”

7 Likes

I’ve located the Opening Offer confirmation . I bought Angludet 2012 en primeur in July 2013 and took delivery a couple of years ago. Still a few bottles left, I’m glad to say.

3 Likes