01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Celebrity endorsed drinks

As per my last para

So looks like Cameroon Diaz is having a go now :rofl::rofl:!
I completely facepalmed at this video if You have the time and patience to sit through it :joy::see_no_evil:, but be warned you will never get those minutes back :flushed:.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCjOFyEjDNC/?igshid=1vyy9pdgeq9yf

4 Likes

got to love a clean wine!

and be careful… you might splash a bit of :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I think that must be the most enlightening infomercial I’ve ever seen. Hollywood has the answer to everything. The first question I’ll ask the next time I visit a winery is ’ do you wash the grapes ? ’

Thanks for posting !

2 Likes

I found that bit especially hilarious :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I was so slack jawed watching that that I couldn’t even drink my coffee. Which is probably just as well !

1 Like

I do feel bad for celebrities who have in fact taken viticulture seriously like Pink and even more so Sam Neil, who are by all accounts passionate about wine making and growing. Such a shame.

2 Likes

I like mine with some crushed raspberries and lemon peel (as otherwise it has no discernible flavour). A video to suck out all of your faith in humanity.

3 Likes

And ICE… let’s not forget the ice ! :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

it was the people fawning over it because it was “made” by CD !

Made the Tesla Fan ‘Boys’ seem flippant !

Now the Kylie one… :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, agreed. One can’t help but cynically think that her endorsement has more to do with percentage points on the product’s profit margin than actual drinking pleasure.

2 Likes

If you are fed up of holding your breakfast in your stomach and would welcome an encouragement to throw it up, I recommend a quick look at the Avaline website. “Full of natural goodness…”. It’s an alcoholic drink, for crying out loud!!

3 Likes

… Runs off to google … :rofl:

I wonder do the ladies in fact realise that the white is made in a whole other country which isn’t France :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I nearly got all the way through the video and felt quite supportive of their ‘passion’ for good wine, and then they dropped that ice and soda water bombshell… :joy: oh, and the lemon peel!

3 Likes

Good work! I managed about two and a half minutes :persevere:

3 Likes

I get the feeling they have a very specific market in mind. I think every image on the web site has a woman in wispy white clothes holding a glass of wine (note also the trendy non standard glass styles) with not a single image of a (gross, brutish) man in site.

3 Likes

i’m sure some of the claims will have the Portman Group checking up on the code of conduct !

1 Like

Americans and geography…why let it spoil a good story !

1 Like

It’s the “its good wine” and no mention of grape varieties etc…Why complicate things :rofl:

4 Likes