01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Celebrity endorsed drinks

Really hope he now does a video with Cameron Diaz talking about his wines!

2 Likes

I must have missed this thread the last time it was invigorated - some deeply lovely pitches there! I specially appreciated those hints of “crap apple”.

2 Likes

It looks like the Society is now listing a Two Paddocks PN, not sure if it was on the list in past vintages.

5 Likes

tenor
Looks great!

2 Likes

Anyone up for some James May own brand Gin ??

1 Like

No thanks!

4 Likes

Is it slow gin?

19 Likes

Beautiful :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :clap: :dragon:

BTW,
Miraval Rose seems to get around 91/100 on various sites. £30
But those with money to burn.

This Miraval cuvee got 94/100 for the 2019.
ONLY :open_mouth: £240 per magnum in a fancy bottle on Millesima!! :rofl: :wink:

This is the one that I would go for,

Seems like a no brainer to me!! :dragon:

This story about Sting getting duped when buying a vineyard made me chuckle. It’s like something out of an Ealing comedy

1 Like

Interesting! The same story appeared in Decanter a few months ago, but the cheeky bottle - if I remember correctly - was a Margaux… I’ll have to have another look now…! :grinning:

Not sure if wine celebrities count but this rose by Sasha Lichine goes for £95 a bottle :scream:

Yep! It was a Château Margaux… I love these sort of stories inconsistencies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

So it turns out that beige, middle of the road, tax-dodging piano botherer Gary Barlow is launching a range of wines.

I can only assume they will be as bland as his music. Although presumably if we buy a bottle, we will end up paying the full amount of tax due.

6 Likes

But “could it be magic”? :joy::joy::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

6 Likes

Now let me say from the very outset I am NOT a fan of the foul-mouthed Michelin-starred chef Gordon Ramsay. Similarly, I am also not a fan of celebrity branded wines (especially after being given one of Kylie’s creations to taste blind recently).

However, having read a the promo bluster below, I cannot believe that GR is selling this plonk for £10 a bottle in Tesco. Where does that shout quality?

3 Likes

You know, what always makes me twitchy about these offerings is how coy they are about provenance of the grapes. All it says for the red is “Rosso: 50% Sangiovese (Tuscany) 30% Montepulciano, 20% Merlot” and that to me smacks of picking up left overs. Certainly I can’t see them having any say in how the grapes are grown, harvested and selected. Probably not even how they are fermented as I suspect they’re just blending surplus wine from several producers.

As you say: quality, I think not!

3 Likes

The clever thing about these wines is that they are sourced across two regions, therefore can only be called Tavola due to the province of the grape mixtures.

2 Likes