01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Canterbury area events

It’s great to see TWS reaching out to members in the Canterbury area. May I suggest a few more tastings and some dinners at lower price points? There are some great restaurants in the Whitstable area which host wine dinners and could work well in addition to the current selection.

We’re ramping up the number of tastings & events up and down the country over the next two years from 150 to almost 300. I’m sure @Tim_S, our Tastings & Events Manager would be happy to receive suggestions as to what and where may work well for Kentish people as well as people of Kent :wink:.

@Ewan that’s great news! @Tim_S a reasonable number of people in the area commute into London, so 7.30pm onwards on weekdays could be a viable starting time to maximise attendance at events in this area. I imagine weekend events would be very popular. Harbour Street Tapas in Whitstable and JoJo’s in Tankerton are both good restaurants which you might wish to explore for dinners. I have no affiliation with them; I just happen to know the food is very good and that they have both hosted wine dinners put on by third parties. Look forward to seeing more coming our way, and thankful to be able to get to some of the London events too.

I think the issue with weekends is asking TWS staff members to work . They also enjoy their time off :wink::wink::wink:.

@Leah and well deserved it is too. Just thinking of the occasional weekend brunches / lunches etc elsewhere…just a suggestion :slightly_smiling_face:

There are bottomless brunches in London held on weekends. They do sell out quite quickly, maybe have a look at the next qtr tasting brochure & see if they are any and are handy to get to for you ? :+1: