01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Can you believe this?

Cornas Les Chailotts Domaine Allemand 2005

We sold out today @ £32 per bottle
Wine searcher price About £400 per bottle.
This is Chave Hermitage 2015 all over again, AGAIN!!! :anger:

The way to complain to is through Member Services. :blush:
It is quite likely that the trade snaffled it up, as they tried to with the Chave 2015.

Given the worth of the wine, it should have been priced competitively.
Or by ballot.
That was just giving it away!!

But we priced the Chave 2003/09 Cuvee Cathelin bang on!!
Quelle suprise!!

That is nuts if true. They have the 2014 at £149, which seems a bit more sensible.

1 Like

Bravo to TWS for not fleecing the members. Hopefully lots of people will enjoy a delicious wine. It’s annoying to miss out I guess, but I won’t complain. Never heard of this wine until now! I have lots of others I like :slight_smile:
Not sure I like encouraging people to hammer someone’s inbox on a public forum. Seems a bit crude. Just contact members services if you have a complaint.

12 Likes

Done!!

2 Likes

That is an incredible price. I assume there can’t have been much because I was literally browsing northern Rhône earlier today and this was definitely not there then! I think on balance I prefer TWS to sell these closer to the prices they paid as I think it gives any of us who are lucky enough to stumble on it a chance to try something they would never otherwise be able to. Obviously it is important they limit the amount that can be bought (as low as one bottle if necessary) and I would also hope that they have some sort of active management for detecting flippers or members who are actually brokers. If it goes to genuine TWS members to drink I think it is brilliant and a USP for TWS, but it will always be luck as to whether you stumble across something like this on the list

7 Likes

Given the lack of notes I suspect a single case from a deceased member. I hope it was picked up by a bona fide member

10 Likes

Some Fontodi Chianti Classico 2010 also popped up (now gone) so I’d also assume deceased Member.

1 Like

and

Have also just appeared…

4 Likes

On this view they appear to be £4 and £3 a bottle… they are slightly more than that!

1 Like

I’m just waiting for the Society’s stash of early 90’s Gentaz bottles.

Blimmmmeyyyyyyy

They rip off dead people?!

Fuck me!

3 Likes

I like how they’re still classed in the “best sellers”.

4 Likes

I hear it’s a new way of getting around inheritance tax.

2 Likes

I hope you’re a tax lawyer. Or accountant. That is a brilliant tactic. Mess up HMRC.

Brilliant - I actually am a tax/finance lawyer.

5 Likes

Legend.

3 Likes

My meagre collection nearly ended up going the same way. Other half just saw me looking at the above wines!

5 Likes

If I had the liquidity, those Cuvee Cathelins must be worth 3-5 times that on the secondary (tertiary?) market. Not that I condone flipping.

3 Likes