BYO Monday lunch in London in October 2018

lunch
london
byob

Looks awesome! How was the food?

Fab!

I will share some photos shortly to make your mouth water :slight_smile:

Here are my photos of (most of) the dishes and a bottle shot

Thank you all for a wonderful lunch! The wine selection was awesome, the food was delicious and the company great! What a treat… Can’t wait for next time (and good luck Tim with your SA evening meal event!! :grimacing:) .:+1::+1::+1::grin:

Great lunch, will have to do another one… What struck me

• just how good that Rotgipfler was, and how it was even better paired with the cheese course
  • the cheese called Waterloo, just how delicious it was
  • how inspired (coincidence) a pairing the Agiorgitiko with smoked salmon and pickled stuff was
  • how different two Rieslings can be and both very good

Very good, planned break from #stoptober.

@leah, you’d be pleased to know that there were bellinis to start with - and not just for ‘the ladies’ (well, I was the only lady - if such a title befits me!!) :wink:

I did see that from @robert_mcintosh pictures :rofl:

Lovely to see the Rolly Gassmann in there. I have a real soft spot for Rolly’s wines. The wine you had was the very same white I picked for our wedding 7 years ago, sourced direct from the cellar door. Delicious!

Looks like a cracking afternoon. Hope I can make the next one!

That all looks and sounds very tempting. Hope I will be able to make it next time and work won’t get in the way again.

Just want to agree what a lovely lunch it was yesterday. Great restaurant choice from @Kent_wino and great organisation by @szaki1974. Such a nice group of people and I cant wait for the next one . The Warwick wine dinner in the evening was really good too. Again lovely food and Warwick Trilogy is a stunning wine .

I’ve been away for a while, but belatedly to add - thank you, @szaki1974 and @Kent_wino for suggesting and organising this - it was a brilliant lunch. All of the wines enjoyed, but @Inbar thank you for introducing the Rotgipfler! I ordered a case immediately afterwards from Brighton, and am down to a single bottle. Delicious.

Oh, glad to hear you enjoyed it, @AVI6! :slight_smile: it was a bit of a wild card, so glad you liked it enough to order a case! :+1: