01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Buying from/through Winebuyers

Worth a read!

8 Likes

And they’re currently trying to find a buyer…

3 Likes

chickens are coming home…

Absolutely scandalous behaviour !

1 Like

Very much going downhill lately on Trustpilot as well…
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.winebuyers.com

1 Like

Looks like the CEO is spending his money on expensive watches instead :thinking:

3 Likes

WOW!!! That is some watch collection :scream:

I actually have money invested in :boom:

Given that problems are reported as starting in 2019, that is a long time in which cash has not been flowing from consumer to supplier in the way you would expect. This could be a huge mess.

1 Like

That’s about the time they raised all the crowdfunding and extra investment too, so they stopped paying just as they’d had a huge influx of cash.

(as with @rafa, I do have a small amount invested in them).

1 Like

This will be of interest to investors

The owner is well known in wine circles in Oxford. Never liked him myself, so I never bought. Arrogant and supercilious.

4 Likes

A word beginning with P and ending in i with a z in the middle comes to mind…

2 Likes

Paparazzi?

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah. Very much looks that way.

I should have just invested in Bitcoin.

2 Likes

Remind me how many unicorns you can buy with a Bitcoin?

Another manifestation of our current distorted and misguided monetary policy.

1 Like

I’d actually just come back to add a disclaimer to my post asking people to please not invest in bitcoin (and only invest in early stage businesses as part of a diverse savings portfolio, for reasons illustrated here).

2 Likes

Financial Darwinism in action…I doubt if the audience on here would be victims tbh…

I have a very small diversified portfolio of cryptocurrencies. It’s at the level that I can afford to lose every penny without causing any financial hardship, whilst potentially generating enough cash to buy a case of Guigal La-Las if one of them does what BTC did over the last decade. I agree that investing material sums in them, particularly all in only
one of them is a good way to lose money and sleep.

3 Likes