01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Burgundy for drinking now

burgundy

In case you wanted to spend lots of money but not on Brunello:

I found a couple of ‘bargain’ bottles in there…

Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis 1946 Vieilles Vignes 2014
Domaine Sylvain Pataille, Bourgogne Aligoté Champs Forey 2017
Domaine Rollin, Pernand-Vergelesses Rouge 2006

I went for these:

Despite the mixed reviews for the Jadot on cellartracker, decided I would give it a shot, as if it is over the hill, it will be covered by the society’s promise, but was a decent price for red burg with some bottle age, and a promising vineyard location

I had the Burguet on my wish-list for a while, so snapped up a few bottles in case it disappears now it’s part of an offer, and I had the 2011 of the Mortet when it was part of an offer last year, and it was excellent, so snapped up a few of the 2010!

Yeah, I also almost bougth this, but then showed some (much needed) restraint.

I had it on the wish-list for a while, but couldn’t quite justify a case…however they limited it to three bottles per member when it went into the offer so I could put 3 into reserves…which could (almost) be viewed as a saving!

Quite a good selection of the Cordier whites at vaguely sensible prices too.

I got a few of these too. They seem to have arrived covered in authentic cellar dust at no extra cost…that’s a first for me, even for older bottles on the list.

Maybe it’ll add to the experience

hope the dust is on one side…

Oof, good point - you’ve made me check!

It’s kind of all over, but noticeably thicker on one side :crossed_fingers:

I would check the inside immediately :rofl:

very decent price… also a decent if not spectacular Burghound write up

very good producer (imho) have had several of their P.V over the years

O8YDDMAZRLPO

from the fantastic black books

As long as you don’t get what I’ve seen described as ‘dusty tannins’ inside the bottle…

I am still drinking a case of Pernand-Vergelesses, Follin Arbelet 2010 and it’s just getting better and better…it was decent enough young too. Gave a bottle to a friend when we went to dinner a year or so ago, and he messaged me recently to say how good it was.

Yeah, Rollin’s pretty good. I was very impressed with the 1er Cru Fichots 2013 earlier this year, stuck a case in reserves. Think it’s still on the list actually.

They do a nice Hautes Côtes de Beaune as well.