01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Brexit Planning

That could so easily be a Daily Mash headline :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

even they couldn’t think that up !

apparently he cant use the position to lobby…nor anything related to his cabinet role - this is on his “world beating” eco and sustainability knowledge

wish I could get 100k for 7hrs per week for no knowledge

3 Likes

The rewards of incompetence seem to be limitless. Crazy world.

5 Likes

Perhaps its because they want someone to blame when it goes wrong.

2 Likes

yeah - MPs are good at taking the blame !

its for lobbying…

1 Like

I can’t believe that. Surely a salary of £100,000 is reasonable payment for 7 hours of work a week, when he can’t even advise on matters he might have a vague awareness of:

the Tory MP gave a reassurance he would not advise the firm on Brexit opportunities or commercial maritime matters.”

3 Likes

No amount of money could compensate for being him.

Imagine waking up every morning and finding that you’re still Chris Grayling.

10 Likes

Maybe it’s being paid secretly by the government to keep him out of the way?

4 Likes

What surprises me most is that his employment might be a “perceived advantage”. How can that be?

3 Likes

Advise might be: Ditch the ferries and boats… the big money in Gov contracts post Brexit is in firms without anything that floats. 'Cos import / export will be pretty much stuffed

A mere £275 an hour. Judging from his past record, you might pity the firms he advises and sell any shares tout suit.

2 Likes

Brexit Opportunities is an oxymoron, unless being poorer, less protected and with lowered horizons is considered ‘an opportunity’. In which case, game on! :grinning:

4 Likes

I think Chris Grayling has plenty of opportunities and will be able to lend his expertise to the national ports infrastructure, Hutchison Ports can look forward to an exceedingly successful (by his standards) consultancy.

I’m offering even odds between him issuing a long lease on all UK ports on a peppercorn rent to China or them all sinking before August 2021.

3 Likes

I hate seriousness with regards to Brexit, because to everyone but the hard of thinking it is so clearly absurd, but we’ve tried freeports before. They don’t actually earn any more than not having them, because all they do is suck business away from areas that are not-freeports. In short, we’ve done this. It didn’t work then, whytf would it work now?

But then I remembered ‘ah, Brexit’, and released the unicorns that they may speed my dreams. :grinning:

6 Likes

Thinking about this…I think its about FTZs !!

1 Like

What are FTZs ?

I fear you might be right. Boris’ grand plan to save the economy, with no better candidate to get things moving than Chris Grayling

1 Like

free trade zones

not if you lived in northern ireland

I am amazed at the unbelievable support that “Failing Grayling” has received from Cameron, May and Johnson. One might even, in a jocular sense speculate that he is possession of some documents or photographs that could bring down governments or even the Monarchy.
As far as Brexit planning, mine is complete.
Without requiring to purchase another bottle from the Society, my current reserves are sufficient to keep me in the “good stuff” for at least five years. :wink:
I fear for the nation regarding the denouement of the “negotiations” at year end, my feeling is that there will be a “no deal” which will immeasurably please the right of British society. Our fate will be chlorinated chicken and genetically modified everything! :open_mouth:
And almost certainly, the break-up of the Union, Northern Ireland joining Eire and my homeland growing a pair, and taking the plunge!!
From there on in, might someone remember to switch the “lights off,” whilst the victors scamper off to Germany, France, Spain, Monaco and those quite lovely Caribbean islands, their saddlebags full to overflowing! :wink::open_mouth: :dragon:

6 Likes

Fool Britannia, indeed. :disappointed_relieved:

Tragic to be leaving the EU now of all times, leaving behind relative safety and cooperation in these uncertain times, only to associate ourselves with the madness across the pond.

2 Likes