01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Bordeaux trip

Very topical for me as I’ve been wondering about taking off in my van for a week over there in maybe August!

Well that didn’t happen :frowning: But maybe next year. I would love to spend a week or two there!

loads good options for sites for the van - from municipal sites (including in some of the appellation villages) to larger commercial ones

As you may expect, most of the sites are on the coast side of the medic and not the estuary

I was there for the second time a few weeks ago. I’ll echo everyone on the it’s a great town with loads to do (and Citi Du Vin isn’t great, and for tastings there’s plenty of places like Max Bordeaux, which has Enomatic Machines with everything from a euro a glass to 35€ for 2cl of 1st growths or the Bar a Vin by the Opera House which is run by the appelation board for advertising and is thus amazing value).

I even managed to Uber to/from some of the Graves/Pessac Leognan vineyards (although we did book a trip down to Sauternes too, I’m not sure I’d recommend the company we used, so I won’t).

Driving from UK to Santander