01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Bohórquez 2010 offer

tws-offers

Just received an email for this Bohórquez offer:

I’ve almost bought this Ribera del Duero a couple of times but for one reason or another have held off. This is at least a sort of EP offer and at £80 for case of 6 making it £13.33 a bottle in bond but £18.68 tax paid, compared to the current 2009 price of £20 per bottle, it is, unlike most French EPs these days, at least at some discount.

Any thoughts? Is it worth my putting in a quick order of the '09 to try it?

As I say it’s a considerable markdown but on the other hand I like to limit the amount of wines that I buy more than a couple of. Simply because, as I’ve mentioned before, I only drink about 60 bottles a year. So 10 EP orders of 6 bottle cases represents my entire year’s drinking and only choosing between 10 different wines would get a trifle tedious!

The 07 was lovely, I haven’t tried the ‘09 yet, but I’ve got a bottle waiting for me in the rack, which I’m looking forward to, but doesn’t really help you.

The drinking window goes to 2026 so you could drink 1 bottle a year until it’s gone, only 1/60 of your annual allowance, but you’ll need somewhere to keep it.

I had a magnum of the 2004 which was fantastic.

Or, I guess, I could just buy it as and when it’s in the TWS list. Maybe if it was at a more significant discount I might have gone for it. Problem is that it’s a very short window for putting in an order. Now to 1st October.

I had a bottle of the 2004. Bought in 2011 for £19 and consumed at my wine club in 2018, to universal acclaim. Testifying to the longevity of this wine.
Had been toying with buying some 2009, but I think I will go for the 2010 EP offer. And maybe just a bottle of the '09 as a taste of pleasures to come.

I bought 2 bottles of the 2009… I’ve drunk one and it was very good. Lots of fruit, good acidity, good structure, well balanced and to my mind, a little too young. I’m keeping the other bottle for at least a couple of years and have gone for a dozen of the 2010. VGV I think.

Like you I was very tempted for the same reasons but don’t know much about the wine.
Replies seem very positive however.

I think I’ll punt for this. Good little offer. Unlike a lot of EP this will be drinking straight away after delivery.

I liked it (the 09) but wasn’t wowed. Good wine, but I guess it just didn’t excite me, unlike the Galician reds for example.

I tried the 2006 in 2014, and liked it well enough that I ploughed into this without hesitation. :tractor: