01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Biscuits & Wine

There are no words!

4 Likes

Difficult to know where to start with this, so best to start at the beginning: why does anybody over legal drinking age even eat Oreos?

(Except my 25 year old vegan stepson, perhaps. It seems Oreos are the only chocolate-and-cream based biscuit to be vegan. No, I don’t know how that works either.)

Jim

1 Like

I can’t have dairy so I occasionally have in an Oreo or Jammie Dodger, I think Oreo has a soya substitute for dairy.

Anyway, this is the most bizarre pairing I’ve come across. I fear wine with peanut butter Oreo may be next

3 Likes

All the companies that previously used lots of cheap crap filler to make their products I’m pretty certain just cannot believe their luck that it’s suddenly regarded as a virtue, indeed one that can be charged at a premium.

4 Likes

Vintage port and a digestive biscuit (has to be dove’s farm for me). Although someone once suggested Fox’s crunch creams as a pairing for port.

4 Likes

But surely everyone knows that the only way to eat an oreo is to separate the parts and scrape off the nasty filling?

4 Likes

This thread has set me thinking. Here are a few suggestions for some worthy and brave souls to try:

Custard creams with Sauternes
Garibaldi with PX sherry or vin santo
Jammie Dodgers with Californian Zinfandel
Ginger nuts with Gewurztraminer

Do let us know how you get on

5 Likes

Ooooohhhhhh

Almond biscotti dipped in vin Santo is a good combo.

My wife and 4 year old made biscuits today.

13 Likes

Was this your wife’s way of saying “Break out the Vin Santo”?

Marvellous decorating, by the way

3 Likes

Well we don’t have any vin Santo in the house but we do have some 2011 Rieussec halves I’m itching to get at soon enough.
You can certainly tell which biscuits have been decorated by the 4 year old!! Think he may have been mainly in charge of chocolate silver pearl distribution :joy:
Low key on the wine this weekend as suffering post booster blues. Should be right as rain by tomorrow.
But just wanted to wish @Embee a happy 60th.
Salut :wine_glass:

6 Likes

Thanks for the best wishes and all the very best to you and yours over the festive season too!

2 Likes

An excellent suggestion

Jim

Your post is worthy of a thread, not that Oreo’s float my boat, mind !

Low sugar digestive biscuits and cheddar cheese are one of my favourite post dinner snacks.

Which. coincidentally. have just been consumed with this…

…although I just might regret that tomorrow.

14 Likes

I must confess I really rather enjoy Tescos wheat crackers with a mellow Chardonnay / Rhone white blend. The wholewheat / oaty taste really works well with this kind of white wine; to my tastes at any rate.

5 Likes

I’d concur, especially with cheese on top !

3 Likes

If I’m feeling in the mood - and it’s not unusual - not only cheddar on top, but a bit of that dreadful[ly nice] smoked processed cheese on top. Oh dear. But goodness gracious me it’s a naughty-but-nice combo!

3 Likes

A glass of Crusted Port and a Bath Oliver with Stilton.
Life has no parallel.

5 Likes

They probably don’t, at least not nearly as many as the maker Mondelez would like.

My guess is that this is an attempt by Mondelez to create a grown-up version of the US childhood “cookies and milk” comfort food, to try to hook more adults.

4 Likes

My wife uses them, crushed, in a delicious chocolate dessert (Nigella Lawson recipe).