01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Bin Series #11

I finished my last bottle of Bin #10 last night. I figure that gives an opportunity to play that most delightful of games, guess the next one wrong.

So, speculation time! Will there even be one? What will it be? Where will it come from?

Here’s a reminder of what has come before.

I’m going to get the ball rolling and guess/hope for a rich, dark pink Rosé (and not just because I still miss that Careniña rosé that used to be on the list).

5 Likes

I’d love to see something from Toby. Ancient vine mountain mountain-grown Pais, maybe?

4 Likes

Vinified as a rose? :wink:

2 Likes

How about the lesser spotted value Bordeaux?

1 Like

Hand picked at dawn by members of the Wine Illuminati.

2 Likes

Maybe I should set up a bot that says this to every reply (except this would also drive me nuts very quickly!).

3 Likes

And crushed in ancient Corby trouser presses.

Proper English rosé then?

1 Like

That would be cool! Esp as there isn’t any país in the mountains as far as I know!

Very ‘Bin series’

Barrel aged, old vine Sparkling Shiraz made in the traditional method with some very old tawny fortified stock used as the liqueur d’expedition… Just putting it out there :grin:

13 Likes

I’m in :grin:

2 Likes

On the bottom of an email that just dropped into my inbox…

13 Likes

Screwcap red… my guess is less obvious, German, maybe a Portugieser.

1 Like

I’ve thought in the past that the teaser pictures have been deliberately obfuscating the colour (usually meaning that whites look like reds in the pictures).

And so it all begins once more :rofl::rofl:

well, here’s a scientific-ish guess.

Apart from the Tasmanian one, all other Bin Series have been European, so that might point to a wine from New Zealand, South Africa or the Americas. But it’s Marcel’s patch, so either regional France, Rhone or Germany. Rhone is a bit obvious, and well explored. Germany has just seen a big release, so not an obvious source for a bin series right now. Regional France would seem most likely, as it is full of unusual and unexplored corners, weird grapes in weird places, producing quirky wines.

So my guess is Korean Aligote.

14 Likes

Alternatively, I did see in one of Marcel’s social media post that he grows vines in his back garden. Maybe he is trying to flog off some of his home-brew.

8 Likes

Or one of those Wilko kits.

4 Likes

Japanese Koshu. Fits the bill and I would be very intrigued.

1 Like