01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Bin #010 speculation begins

Well, someone had to do it. :rofl: :dragon:

10 Likes

Judging by chicken entrails, tea leaves and other clues, it’s definitely a Korean Aligote.

10 Likes

I hope it’s a Swedish solaris

4 Likes

3 Likes

Bin #009 was no sulphur. Maybe Bin #010 will be no alcohol…

4 Likes

Yellowtail.

6 Likes

2 Likes

A special aged lot of buckfast

6 Likes

39 different Swedish Solaris examples listed. Would be surprised if they were all universally awful. Somebody must be buying them.

I might actually buy one to try before writing them off…

4 Likes

Oh Ye of little faith

Here we are on Sweden’s Gotland Island in a solaris vineyard and the tasting line up at Pappinen’s Gute Vingard in Hablingbo. The Skals cuvée is made from solaris - and of the hybrids out there, solaris is actually not that unpleasant.

6 Likes

damned by faint praise!

7 Likes

I can see the Instagram launch post now, no work required :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m just waiting to see that phrase in the notes of the Bordeaux EP offer! I reckon faint praise is the new gushing praise

3 Likes

Surely still worthy of at least a 5% price hike though?

2 Likes

That’s be fishy…

1 Like

More seriously, Toby is the only buyer not to have had one. He buys for Burgundy (That’s the Galicia of France), so based on recent standards of Bin, I’m going with an Aligote (it’s a sort of French Treixadura) from Sylvain Pataille.

7 Likes

Uruguayan tannat…

2 Likes

Drag that back to an Irouleguy (actually preferably blanc) and I’m on board :smiley:

(I have to admit that the few South American Tannats I’ve had don’t have enough ‘character’ for me, they’ve had too many edges knocked off. Which I’m sure is good for selling widely, but…).

3 Likes

Oooh. That’s very close to where we’re booked for our as-yet uncanceled holiday this summer but I know nothing about it. Probably getting far ahead of myself and will curse the trip, but would you mind telling me more?

I think I saw Jasper Morris out there tasting recently on Instagram.

1 Like

If it’s a exceptionally rude words Torrontes I will not be happy.

3 Likes