01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Bin #007

With all that grass it must be Sauvignon Blanc.

5 Likes

let’s wait for a cat photo for the final blow :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Is something English not a possibility?

Duh! it’s marketing stupid!!! Now you all think you’re going to miss out on something. Seems they’re right too, reel 'em in! . :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

I’m happy to be a fish swimming in delicious, if cleverly marketed, wine.

3 Likes

Looks like someone’s garden to me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’d just like to know how they got their lawn to look that good. If it was mine you’d be looking at moss and wondering what wine does moss signify!

5 Likes

Made in Manchester?

3 Likes

It’s a special bottling of Bison Grass Vodka - except they have stuffed a wine barrel full of grass so it’s Bison Wine - “for those that don’t follow the herd” pahahaha :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_hand_over_mouth:. thank you TWS marketing department - I’ll start on Monday if that’s okay

5 Likes

Reveal set for Friday 23 October. 5.30pm.

2 Likes

And disappearance from the shelves of TWS set for 5:32 pm of that same date. Set your alarms.

3 Likes

I think it will a South African wine given the restrictions on wine sales in South Africa this year and the feature in the backing our best growers feature.

Just need to make sure that I’m primed and ready to beat the rush :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’m going for Portugal, a country with a preponderance of unheralded varieties.

5 Likes

I did think it might be a South African Chenin Blanc, but the Exhibition Chenin kiboshed that one, so my money is on a South African Cinsault or a Portuguese red blend (if pushed I’d say majority Alicante Bouschet).

But then again could be something funky from the Loire.

4 Likes

I hope not for the sake of my four figure account balance.

5 Likes

Shall we just all play along and pretend you won’t buy it?

7 Likes

Hopefully TWS will not have sourced a limited production wine, of the same, from the likes of Eben Sadie, David and Nadia or Chris Alheit. My grip on the slippery slope of my own desires is tenuous enough already !

5 Likes

I would LOVE to see a small batch Swartland Syrah or a Grenache.

6 Likes

I went with Jaen because of the Burgundy rather than Bordeaux bottle shape. We’re in agreement on the South African option though. If it’s either of these options I’ll be very happy.

3 Likes

My thinking was that Herdade do Esporao use Burgundy shaped bottles and their wines been listed by the Society for a while. They also have a broad enough range and often throw in some heritage varieties.

3 Likes