01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Bin #007

7 Likes

It begins. Again

4 Likes

I’ll ignore the hype as I have with the rest of the bin series. There that leaves more for everyone else :grinning:

2 Likes

Already? Don’t get me wrong, I like the Bin series, I’ve had all of them thus far. Maybe it’s the pace of my life at the moment but it seems like only last week #006 was released :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

And only a few hours later it sold out.

1 Like

Agreed! I don’t understand what the rush is, what with everything else that is going on in Wine-ville. Starting to feel a little uneasy about all these ‘temptations’ in what is politically and economically the most uncertain time I can remember.

7 Likes

To be fair, I seem to recall that it was said somewhere that 006 and 007 would be released fairly closely together.

4 Likes

Excellent - simple choice for me. If I fancy the grape and am interested by the location I shall buy a bottle. If not, then all the more for everyone else :+1:

5 Likes

Do you think after Bin #008 they’ll do a Microsoft and go straight to Bin #010…?

20 Likes

Bin #X

7 Likes

Bin #360, then Bin #One.

8 Likes

And how often can we be induced to go to the well?
Too much of a good thing??
Shall we wait and see, really not sure or maybe I am??? :dragon:

The quality has been excellent for the first 6, perhaps the two are so close to each other because of issues this year with COVID.

3 Likes

I wonder how much it’s trying to fit in the years schedule in a compressed time and trying to get it out of the way before Christmas so they can focus on that?

If bin #007 has already landed in the warehouse with more Christmas stock on its way (and possibly bin #008 en route ready for the new year) they’ll need space.

5 Likes

They are building stocks in case of a no deal Brexit.
There are wines that they should have stocked but are space limited.
With the possibility of another lockdown - ergo a continuing sales boom, a No Deal Brexit and Christmas; we require all the warehousing that we can get hold of.
We have been told that we have off-site storage for slower moving stock. re: AGM
So Bin #007 is not really required, but maybe it will sell so fast as not impacting space.
Being the Societies Logistics Manager must be quite the nightmare!! :open_mouth: :dragon:

4 Likes

I reckon we are due a white wine.

Maybe a long lees muscadet from one of the new Crus.

Probably not imaginative enough.

Or perhaps a sparkler for Christmas. Saint Peray?

1 Like

Looks red to me.

Does anybody think the backgrounds have any significance?

3 Likes

It does look red. I just thought maybe it was a generic bottle with Bin #007 photoshopped.

1 Like

And we are due a white

Grass background does not equal listan blanco :frowning:

The IG teaser mentioned that it’s Freddy (again) and Jo, so I’d guess we’re headed to South Africa or Portugal? (rather than the Loire).

A Jaen from Dao? A Cinsaut from Swartland?

1 Like