01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Bin #006?

It did - the ‘Tandem’ related to above, by @Ghost-of-Mr-Tallis.

1 Like

It’s quite a nice Syrah. Yapp sell it too.

Agreed, a really good wine :+1:!

2 Likes

Ah, I couldn’t find it on TWS site. That’s the wine I had. I didn’t rate it.

The Moroccan Syrah is a lovely wine and light years better than any other Syrah at that price.

But it won’t be the next Bin cos there ain’t enough of it. If you visit Ouled Thalab you’ll see why.

Bin Series was 2 reds, followed by 2 whites, then a red.

So, if this is a pattern, then the next should be red.

If the Bin Series really does recognise the TWS’s “insatiable thirst for discovery”. then I propose a Norton from Virginia or Missouri, or a Tribidrag from Croatia.

Both are “wines with a story to tell”

3 Likes

SA Pinotage?!

2 Likes

So I was going to put a bet on Bin #007 being an English (sparkling?) wine, on the basis that marketing people struggle to resist such things. Or something from Spy Valley…

On that basis I have to guess Bin #006 to be red or (as it’s summer and TWS has pushed rose a little recently) maybe rose. If the latter maybe from Spain or Italy? If the former… Croatian?

2 Likes

I like the way you’re thinking, but SA Pinotage is pretty mainstream, and TWS had until recently a Society Pinotage (from Bon Cap) and currently has an Exhibition Pinotage (from Kanonkop).

What would be educational, however, is a Pinotage from somewhere other than SA. Few people have tasted a non-SA Pinotage and so discussions on the grape variety are not of the variety per se, but of the variety as expressed in SA.

4 Likes

Gredos Garnacha?

2 Likes

Loving the guesses! :smile: Of course I can’t reveal if any of you are getting ‘warm’ just yet…

1 Like

Emphasis on Warm? Mulled Wine?!

2 Likes

Volcanos?

2 Likes

So far all of the BIN series have been European, and going with the red, red, white, white, red pattern then maybe #006 is red again. My money is on something from Portugal. In a region where blends rule maybe a single varietal bottling of Alicante Bouschet or Touriga Nacional?

3 Likes

See. Listan Blanco from Tenerife.

2 Likes

How fabulous would that be!

4 Likes

Alentejo Alicante, possibly. Touriga i think not.

Is this a hint for 006

3 Likes

But where is it ? Tasmania ? South Africa ??

The South Downs?

5 Likes