01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Best champagne bottle stopper

Hi

I’m after the best champagne bottle stopper. Any ideas?

One of these has always worked for me (full-sized bottles anyway).

Champagne Bottle Stopper, 2 Pack Stainless Steel Sealed Sparkling Prosecco Cava Wine Bottle Sealer, Gifts Accessories for Champagne https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YC8C4YY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.clHEbPNM2X9A

3 Likes

I got a really nice one when I visited the Camel winery. Good firm hold, grips under the flange (o’er) and never popped out in the fridge overnight.

On reflection this is not much of a useful steer given that no-one is likely to be able to go and get one any time soon.

1 Like

sorry - what are these used for? Champagne bottle stopper…nope - no idea :wink:

in all honesty - I just use ones ive been given on various visits…their use is VERY infrequent

2 Likes

The best ones do indeed seem to be the ones they give away free (it’s champagne I’m talking about primarily). They have a silicone rubber conical insert, and a ring of plastic fingers to grip the bottle. Some just click on, others need a quarter turn. But they all seem to seal perfectly. They come off with a satisfying “whump” noise with a deft twist of the wrist.

1 Like

I find these ones are pretty good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creuset-Wine-Accessories-Sparkling-Stopper/dp/B005GUA7BG/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2X9MWAQ9TO5E3&dchild=1&keywords=le+creuset+champagne+stopper&qid=1585754429&s=kitchen&sprefix=le+creuset+ch%2Ckitchen%2C138&sr=1-1

Can be a bit of a pain with oddly shaped bottles such as Ruinart (there was one fateful incident), but other than I can’t fault them.

I’ve got several. The one like James @Brocklehurstj recommends I use most

1 Like

I use the Vacuvin stopper, obviously not pumping the air out on fizz… Works well enough.

For me too.

1 Like

Me three!

1 Like

We’ve got a stainless steel John Lewis one that seems to work perfectly well.

Anything’s better than that crazy idea of a teaspoon!

1 Like

Are you going to recount your other fateful champagne related incident some time? :wink::joy:

Please tell me you still have that video?! :joy::joy:

Don’t worry, I definitely do

Not cheap, but works well and looks good

1 Like

Spill the beans!

There was an unfortunate sabrage incident. The bottle did not survive :rofl:

3 Likes

As long as all your fingers did, that’s the important thing!

Tws champagne stopper works brilliant. Also with cava etc. Half full bottle just as sparkly next day.