01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Beaujolais personalities

beaujolais

Saw this on Reddit:

https://vinepair.com/wine-blog/a-personality-guide-to-the-10-crus-of-beaujolais-with-regional-map/

found it rather fun and informative. Reminded me also - almost at the end of my Beaujolais stocks, hope there’s an offer sometime this year!

Thanks for sharing - that’s rather good! Patting myself on the back for being the biggest fan of ‘The Bold Scholar’ cru :nerd_face:

Offer of the 2017 crus is on the way - keep 'em peeled in April! Been lucky to taste quite a lot of them and think it’s a lovely year. Not the most ageworthy perhaps, but full of immediate ripe loveliness and enough transparency/freshness for the different cru characteristics to shine brightly.

Also had the pleasure of accompanying our buyer Tim Sykes to the region last month to visit some growers, get the gossip and start to get my head/palate around the 2018s. Writing it up now for Travels in Wine and will endeavour to let people know when it’s up should they be interested.

Also worth noting that we have a ultimate guide on the site as well which goes into each of the crus: