This October, we’re having a Generation Wine event in London which will see members of this Community go head-to-head with our Buyers and Tastings & Events team to see whose wine choices will come out on top!
Here’s a description of the event (and you can also buy tickets here too, if you like):
Basically, we’re asking you to nominate your top wines in various categories. These will then go up against the Buyers & Tastings team’s choices to be tasted on the night (but we won’t reveal who’s wine choices are who’s!), and everyone present will pick their favourite wine from each category. The winners will be announced on the night!
These are the categories - it’s over to you to nominate the wines!
1. Party starters - bubbles under £20
2. White from “Other Europe” Under £10
3. Red from France under £10
4. Red from Italy under £10
5. Red from Spain under £10
6. New Zealand/Australia white between £10-20
7. Argentina red between £10-20
8. South Africa red between £10 – 20
9. Fortified/sweet wine under £20
10. Wildcard – best-value bottle [we’ll ask everyone to guess the price, and the wine with the biggest difference between the answers and the actual price will win!]
Are there any categories you think are missing? Let us know. Once we’ve finalised the categories and nominations (a little closer to the time) we can vote for our winning wines to represent The Community.
Can’t WAIT to hear your nominations…