01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

August 2020 on the Community [newcomers, click here!]

Hello all!

Welcome to your monthly roundup of events, top latest discussions and highlights to help you keep up with all the brilliant things you Community guys are doing.

Are you new here?

Why not Introduce Yourself - and if you need a hand, never hesitate to ask our Community staff (@laura - me! - and @Kelly) and @Mentor group!

Need a hand using the Community? Try the How To Guides.

Events this month

There’s two brilliant events for you to take part in this month:

Thursday 13th August: #TWSTaste: South Africa

Thursday 27th August: #TWSTaste - Tapas Night!

Top Recent Discussions

1. What’s your secret wine shame? Some amusing revelations in this topic - thanks @Richard for starting it!
  2. Hedgerow bounty - share your foraging tips here! (Thanks @peterm!)
  3. Escape from lockdown - Alsace visit. Read about @robertd’s brilliant recent trip to Alsace and get some travel tips of your own!
  4. Bad for wine week’ - how do you protect your wine from the summer heat? Lots of great suggestions here (thanks @GuidoD!)
  5. Innovative (and cheap!) cellar storage solutions - tons of great tips here for your home cellar. (Thanks @Grimpeur!)

What have been your favourite recent topics? Share them in the comments!

New User(s) of the Month

The Community bots :robot: will be picking two top users from our newcomers to award the New User of the Month badge in early August.

Here’s July’s winners:

Congrats @Darryl and @Andrew20 - two lovely friendly new faces who have joined us recently for their first #TWSTaste events! :clap:

Tasting note of the month

Once again, it’s taken forever to choose, and in the end I’ve had to do our second ever DOUBLE WIN! So congrats to @Templeton :

and @TJ175:

Both of these are just delightful ‘wow!’ moments with a special bottle, and it’s a joy to read.

AOB

One thing I wanted to ask the newer members of this Community - how have you found getting used to using the site? What would make it easier to find the kind of topics you’re most interested in? Would love your feedback. :slight_smile:

4 Likes