01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Anyone interested in a South West London group

Given how it’s the easiest place on the planet to get to, any recommendations for places around there (possibly for future reference) that we could go?

I’d imagine there’s loads on Northcote Road, but I don’t know it at all.

2 Likes

I will have a think, there might be the odd one that does BYO, or maybe just off one of the main roads.

1 Like

I ate in Sorella on Friday, but forgot to ask what their corkage is.

I’d also caveat my recommendation now. While the food was still great, we were repeatedly reminded at every opportunity that they needed the table back after two hours, but also left us sitting for long periods of time and forgot things (and at some points staff being down right rude). I’m not sure if this can be put down to re-opening teething troubles at this point but it definitely wasn’t the relaxing Italian meal we were hoping for!

1 Like

Shall we revive the organisation? I have not heard back from The Adega… at least nothing but questions, so maybe let’s find somewhere else.

5 Likes

I can ask at 24 The Oval. They normally charge £25 a bottle corkage, but they might lower that if I ask nicely.

3 Likes

They might do it for a group or on a quiet day :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

They’re not back from holiday until wednesday apparently. I’ll give them another call then.

One option is https://www.artisansofsardinia.com/ in Putney.

They have a private room we could use for free.

We would be able to arrange for a Monday or Tuesday evening when they are less busy.

The owner advised we could bring our wines for free if we had the tasting menu though I’m sure we would be able to arrange something different and a corkage fee if that was the preference.

Just an option to add to the mix.

5 Likes

I do like the look of that place,.

1 Like

The food is AMAZING! And they make delicious cocktails too.

It’s like a restaurant in a house so very intimate though we would have the whole tasting room which he reckons could comfortably seat up to 6.

3 Likes

I can’t see what the tasting menu entails, but I like the look of that room :grinning:

1 Like

Let’s do this, I am sure there will be 6 takers.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’d prefer a Monday if possible, but also understand if it’s not feasible for others!

The restaurant looks and sounds amazing. I’d be up for it.

Yes interested for either place please

Throwing a date out there, Monday 27 September is about the only Monday in the next couple months I can do.

Who is in for a dinner on 27 September 2021
  • I am in
  • Not in this time, but generally interested

0 voters

1 Like

Looks good, will set up a private discussion for this.

1 Like