And it's goodbye from me

Hi everyone!

Long time no speak. :wink:

I just wanted to pop by and say goodbye, as I’ve decided not to return to my role as Social Media & Community Manager at The Wine Society after my maternity leave.

It’s been a wonderful year of discovery with baby Raf, who has definitely taught @MrLaura and I more than we’ve taught him so far (!), and I’ve decided to go freelance so I can get a better work/life balance and spend more time with my wonderful family. I’m going to be doing some social media consulting for charities and also TV writing for Den of Geek, which I’m absolutely chuffed about. :smiley: (They’re even letting me write about Doctor Who!)

With the utmost sincerity, it was an honour to be Community Manager here for four brilliant years, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the laughs, the wisdom and for putting up with me! I think you have all turned this into the most terrific place - a hub of advice and information, sharing the love of wine, and just all-round fantastic company. I will of course return here as a fellow enthusiastic member of The Wine Society!

Take care everyone, and see you around.

Laura x :heart:

61 Likes

Sorry temp see you go Laura, but I’m sure you’ll do brilliantly working as a consultant (and see more of Raf and MrLaura).

All the best, see you at the next TWSTaste, if not before!

1 Like

Should we be sorry for us or pleased for you, or a bit of both? Best of luck with your future plans, your home-making, and your freelancing. All the best!

4 Likes

All the best Laura, enjoy family life and a hopefully more relaxed (than moderating us?!) job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahh, so sorry you won’t be back, Laura! But sounds like you’ve got your priorities right! :+1::grin:
Good luck with the freelance work - I’m sure you’ll be fab, and make the most of these precious years with Raf… Man, they do grow up fast :flushed:

Best of luck for the future xx :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Oh Laura, I am so happy for you in gaining a better work life balance with your beautiful son and Mr. Laura, we will though miss you terribly. You have been such a voice of reason for the community and a wonderful asset to TWS.
Check in every so often and don’t forget about us, we can’t wait to see what your freelancing brings you. It’s very exciting. The best of luck in all your endeavours xx

7 Likes

All the very best Laura in your future endeavours. Enjoy!

1 Like

@laura wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Can’t wait to read your stuff on Den of Geek.

Hopefully you can join in on the various threads as a member of the society now, I’ve drunk more wine since my first child was born than I have ever did before!!! There is also no better cure for early morning wake ups/night time disturbances than coming on here to seeing what everyone is drinking!

2 Likes

Good luck Laura and thankyou fir your efforts with/for us!
FWIW my daughter made a similar change to freelance when her first came along and she has loved it :+1:

2 Likes

My very best wishes Laura. Think of us all now and again. Good luck in all you do!

1 Like

All the best! Lovely pic :blush:

1 Like

All the best, Laura!

1 Like

Sorry to see you go, but what amazing opportunities! Best of luck to you and MrLaura and Raf!

1 Like

Such a lovely family pic, Raf is so grow up already! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: All the very best for your future, Laura - definitely sad to see you go, but really happy for the exciting things that await for you :blush: :heart: Let’s keep in touch x

3 Likes

You should be really proud of the community you helped build up. Thanks for the journey and best of luck with the next adventure - sounds like a great move.

3 Likes

I wish you all the best in your future life!

1 Like

Congratulations, Laura and really pleased to hear that things are working out so well for you and your family. It sounds like you have some great plans, so very best of luck to you and thank you for all that you have contributed to this community. Hopefully, you will find time to drop back in, at some point, and let us know how you are doing. Take good care of yourself.

1 Like

It’s been a pleasure Laura, most of us with our cloudy days, share smiles when we come across bright optimistic characters like yourself. All the best on this new journey with your family. Never change, and keep shining !

2 Likes

Thank you all so much :sob: I really will be hanging around to post about wine with you all, it wouldn’t be the same opening a lovely bottle of something without sharing it on this lovely Community! :heart: I’m sure Raf’ll be signing up as a member before you know it… :wink:

10 Likes

I’ll add my voice to the many thanks for everything you’ve done setting this up, and congratulations and best wishes for what comes next. And good to know that we’re not really losing you :slight_smile:

2 Likes