01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Aged Chinon anyone

loire
cabernetfranc

Just saw this very intriguing wine in one of the recent offers.

I know there are friends of Cabernet Franc here and this is a rare opportunity to get some with serious age. I have not tried it, but duly ordered a bottle. I know the finest examples can age 30+ years beautifully. Hoping for a good one…

oh…tempted!! Loire reds esp Chinon and the Bourgeuils are some of my favourites

Ive a few Loire reds maturing nicely in the cellar - Couly-Dutheil and Ch de Coulaine

Like most Loire reds, offering amazing value for money…the quality is outstanding…what would a similarly aged Bordeaux, Burgundy or Rhone cost you ?!

Loire info

There is this very useful thread on the loire too

A couple of years ago I had 2 old Loire CFs from TWS, including

which was 20 years old at the time (the other was I think the ‘93, but I can’t find it in my wines). It was absolutely delicious, but don’t think it had the stuffing for another 10 years. I’ll definitely try to add a bottle of this one to the festive order and hope for the best.

As someone who enjoyed that Cornuelles 96 and who happened to recommend the Cuvée Prestige 89 in the ‘Fine Wine Trade Secrets’ offer, I think that’s a very sound description of both of the wines in question actually! Won’t keep much longer, but it’s a treat - particularly on the nose - if you like delicate, mature cab franc :slight_smile: