01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Accesible cellar doors France - Wiki

I’ve just booked the Euro tunnel for July 20th to France for 3 weeks. Our first few days will be spent around Reims where we spent some time last year . We then need to decide where we would like to go. Last year we travelled through Burgundy and then across to the Loire but having a bit more time this year I would like to head further south into Beaujolais country and even the Southern Rhone. I’m sure we can get quite a bit of France covered in 3 weeks but I would be interested to hear from fellow community members on accessible and friendly cellar doors. Last year my experience was varied and I also have to ensure my two little ones are having a nice holiday too. @Jcbl has made a great recommendation here

If anyone has further suggestions I along with others, would be happy to hear them.

Tain Hermitage is well worth a stop. I love the Chapoutier cellar door - many good wines available to taste for free. The very best single vineyards aren’t though, unless you’re lucky :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Did you get lucky @NickP ??:laughing:

Oh yes! An amusing contraband tasting with our host hiding the premium bottles from his colleagues when they went past :rofl:

Probably had one glass too many, you should have seen the look on his face when he extended his hand to shake goodbye and I jumped in for a big hug!

I would also recommend Gigondas, or any other village in that area for that matter.
Hotel Les Florets just outside Gigondas is an excellent Hotel/Restaurant. The family produce their own Vaqueras and Gigondas.

So did we - very good wines.

If you are in Alsace the Hunawihr co-op is worth a visit.