01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Absolutely NOTHING to do with wine

Living in an old (1860s) house in rural New York, our house is inundated with mice. In the past, I’ve used humane traps but I feel they’re really cruel, in one way. A high proportion of mice you trap are females with babies to look after. Imagine the stress they must go through, being confined in a trap and unable to get to their babies (who probably need to be fed quite frequently.)

Guilty as charged.

I’ll send you my two cats - they’re rather good at catching them :cat:

OMG :see_no_evil:! I’ve just heard the trap go off !! I’m afraid to look :eyes::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:! I KNEW I should have had wine tonight :sob:.

It’s behind you…

I looked ! Definitely dead this time … Mr.Leah’s cousin is coming over tomorrow to pick something up . I’ve texted him a picture and told him he won’t be getting the package until he “deals” with this “issue” :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:. Give me spiders all day long but MICE eugh :sob:.

Poor wee thing!

We don’t get any in the house, but usually - most years - at least one gets into the roof by climbing up a creeper and in under the eaves.

Always woodmice. They make a hell of a racket, considering how tiny they are. Usual dispatch methodology.

Stick the cat in the loft?

I womaned up and removed it myself … with fire tongs OBVIOUSLY :roll_eyes::see_no_evil:.

Wonder if we have enough for this yet…

The true aficionado would use port tongs…

Hmm. I always thought that was why mice had tails, give ‘em a swing and they’d sail out of the window.

A woman on a mission tonight ! I have another one :rage::rage::rage:

Aaannnddd that one didn’t take long …

:muscle::muscle::muscle:

Big mouse!

Aaaanndd I’ve caught ANOTHER one !! Four down now :nauseated_face:.

You really need a cat.

Your very fortunate. We used to get fieldmice before had our new kitchen. I tried the best I could to save but our terrier always got them first . Havent had any since our new kitchen.
Our terrier Gypsy is 17 years 6months old . We take on a 90mins walk every day. Often we go with Gypsy to Grassington and walk to Bursel along the River Wharfe and back 8 miles. No trouble.

My thoughts entirely. Verging on rat!

I dunno, that’s about the size of mouse I’m always catching in the Autumn. Trust me a rat would have just shrugged off a trap that size.