01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

(Abra)Kadarka online tasting [ARCHIVED - 9 May 2019]

tasting

Both wines are refreshingly different and a real good choice for a tasting. I’m preferring the Maurer, just. 7.6!

Very curious sweetish nose and sour edge to the taste, more evident the longer your swirl it around… Interesting!

I upgrade the Heimann to 8, the Maurer is a 6 for me

Goes well with pork chipolatas

I’m with you ! Heimann has the edge for me .

Having never had kadarka before, it’s been great fun to taste and think about it - with a soundtrack too!

I stick with Heimann 6 and give the Maurer 7

Maurer wins here so it scores, er, more than the Heimann!

I’ve poured another Heinmann sample …

Very definitely prefer the Heimann. I sadly suspect the remainder of the Maurer might be used in cooking. But the Heimann I’m very taken with.

Let’s see who edges it

• Heimann
  • Maurer

0 voters

7.5 for the Maurer for me. sticking with a 6 for the Heiman.

I think the Heimann was lovely, with more of a vanilla, leather note that one might expect in a red wine, while the Maurer was much more unique for me and would be lovely with some cold charcuterie on a hot summer’s day… Here’s hoping!

7.5 for the Heimann and 7 for the Maurer for me.

OH: Well, I refilled the glass with the Maurer.

Really good idea for a tasting @szaki1974 and well run!
Same grape, same country, even same sort of light red style … but two very different wines!
Looooove that we don’t all agree a favourite too :slight_smile:

I’ve always been a robust Bordeaux/Rhone/Rioja wine drinker. But more recently I’ve been working on getting into lighter, more subtle wines. The (non-mondeuse) Savoie wines I’ve been drinking over the winter, the recent Beaujolais tasting and now this are all expanding my horizons somewhat. You never know I might start likeing Burgundy soon!

Maybe before WW1…

Isn’t the Maurer from Serbia?

Yeah, back of the Maurer bottle says Serbia, but I get the impression from the blurb that it’s just a wee bit over the border…?

Thanks @szaki1974 for starting the very first #Guerillatasting ! I’m up for more . Welldone on the intro, very impressive ,:wink:

OH: Actually they’d both be nicer sitting in the sun on a warm evening. It’s like the arctic here though. They aren’t winter wines for me.